The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Differences between an FE ES and SE

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Differences between an FE ES and SE

Please forgive my ignorance but I have owned an 2011 for a year now and I am unsure how to tell the difference between each model. Can anyone describe these differences so I can properly identify my vehicle? Unfortunately it is not listed on the title.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

FE is Fleet Edition, basically they were originally made to be used as rental cars

ES is typically a lower or mid range model

SE (from my knowledge with the fourth generation Eclipse) is usually the upper range sub model
    Last edited by foxbrand; 09-06-2013 at 09:15 PM
    Just because something is old, doesn't mean you throw it away

Geordi La Forge

From what I can gather looking at Galants for sale there's not much difference between the FE and base ES, but there are ES's with a few options from the SE such as moonroof, alloy wheels and upgraded sound system. SE's come with all that, better looking wheels and sometimes had navigation as an option. As far as concretely identifying your trim, Mitsu stopped putting the trim badges on the Galant for the 9Gc (second facelift), so it looks like the only way to identify it is through your Monroney sticker (the sticker they put on the window of new cars) or giving your VIN to the dealer so they can look it up. There's a badge in your engine bay that has the trim options code on it, but I don't know how to read that code. The dealer should be able to though. Hope this helps!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

FE is not prewired for foglight
    Comes with 16 inch alloy wheel
    no trim cover on the trunk lid
    2010 fe comes with ralliart side skirts