The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Plastidipped dash and shifter piece

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Plastidipped dash and shifter piece

I felt that the fake wood trim was a bit tacky and I actually sanded it down and went over it with actual rustolem matte black. However it did not feel quite right it was sort of rough and didn't have a very oem feel to it . I try spraying over it with plastidip and it actually came out very nice . It feels kind of like a vinyl texture and it's a smooth matte black.

sorry for the bad lighting it is pretty dark so I had to turn on flash. I like this kind of black because it has a sort of sheen to it.Rather than just matte
    Last edited by Vince; 09-08-2013 at 04:28 AM

Not bad

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

i was thinking about doin this with mines as well. how did you remove the shifter piece??
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

I enjoy these threads. Every time I see someone who plastidipped something, I'm usually like "oh, thats nice. I did my whole car." ;)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

@wetamup2k3g thank you !
    @ Celph Concepts I took a flat head and carefully pryed it off theres 4 tabs , One at each of the corners just gently pry it off and it should come off .
    @ Polishmafia I love the patriot red on the galant ahah . Do you have any pics of your dipped car?

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Looks good man, I dipped the lower dash but it's peeling already and forget when I did the armrest. I have to wrap or paint that
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Thats funny. I had silver trim, painted the radio bezel black, screwed it up, and then converted everything to oem wood grain except the shifter. I painted that black, cause I felt the wood grain shifter trim was too much. But I might actually try black plasti, especially since I painted my door handle surrounds black but it didn't turn out good and scrapes off easy. I actually liked the wood grain for the luxury appeal. But nice job

@polishmafia nice ahah you should plastidip the wheels also it looks mean.
    @jdyal thanks , yeah i dont think plasti dip would work well on that surface and because everyone bumps into that . I think you can just take it off easily and wrap it in your garage or something
    @8thls6 Just be sure to clean it off well i used wax and grease remover i picked up at homedepot when i got my dip, Spray a light coat first then be sure to have nice even layers i did about 5 just incase i scrape it . I also found out that with 2 coats it was incredibly difficult to peel off in a nice clean layer. It would start rubbing off piece by piece.

Looks nice !

I did this but I used vinyl paint and it sticks amazingly. I also painted my entire dash and carpet black and it doesn't look that terrible haha