The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Kilsoms' 8g build

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Icon6 Kilsoms' 8g build

So lets start with hopes and dreams yes?

Hopes:
    for car to be reliable
    for car to last
    for car not to be totaled by wife again

Dreams:
    Turbo
    AWD EVO drivetrain (DSM may due too)
    semi-sleeper

Now then, when I purchased this G it was in VERY rough condition.

So I added some luminescence

I then waited for winter to end so that I could start the real work.
    The car had a LOT of rust and damage all over and while it frightened me to start with a car in such poor condition it gave me the hope that I could take this machine and make it beatiful once again.

I got a Cyber 2 body kit from coconut (Major thanks and props goes out to one of the best dudes on here), and I had to transport it home IN the G. 50 miles at that.

Got it home and immediately started trying to figure how I was going to use the fog lights that were stock on the car.

After a while I got excited and started getting body work accomplished. I started by cutting out panels that had rust and cleaning, clearing and protecting them from further damage as well as fiberglassing to start rebuilding the shape of lost panels.

Keep in mind this is my absolute first time doing any sort of body manipulation on my own.

I also didn't like the looks of the door trim and saw rust forming behind the pieces so I yanked em off and decided after cleaning up the area really well that I was just going to fill them in as I put filler over the glass for rigidity and feathering.

After a day or two of the glass and bondo I primered over everything that I had worked on to find pot marks and dimples so that I could use finisher putty.

Got some ADR Fuel wheels 17's and lookin decent with brand new shoes on em, Kumho Ecsta AST 215-45-17.

Started to fit the body kit on the car.

Then I sanded the entire car kit included with 80 grit, followed by 180 grit, followed again by 360 grit. After the car was smooth and ready for some spray I primered the whole car midnight black.

My wife says art is best

I decided that since everything else I roll with is black and blue why not the G. So my secondary color will be anodized blue.

And in the garage she looks SOOO mean. I am just now trying to find a name for her. Open to suggestions.

More to come.

good work so far man

Experienced TGC Member
    Starting to look good brotha. Thanks for the props. Glad that I can help and good to see the body kit has gone to a good home. Keep it coming!!

Good start! Keep the progress coming, good luck!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"