The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weedwacker sound?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Weedwacker sound?

i got this sound guys, don't laugh at me, when im driving around it sounds like someone is using a weedwacker around my car. and following me around. its not a loud sound but pretty quiet. the music can drown the sound easily but its kinda annoying. its like the weedwacker is like 50 feet away from me and somehow connected to my car and following me around.

i did some tests initially to see when it occurs but i haven't had a chance to take things apart to pinpoint the problem.

when im driving around and my foot is on the accelerator it will make the sound. if i let go of the accelerator, it will go away.

if im driving around and drop the car into neutral and start revving while im still moving, the sound won't show up. can't hear it.

if im sitting at a standstill and start revving it, it won't make a sound.

my most recent mods, my injen short ram intake and a fuel filter inline with the breather hose to act as a catch can.

at first i suspected that i finally rubbed that hole into my intake pipe but i don't see why it would only make that sound when im moving and in drive.

i'll look at it more today. just wanted to get some feedback to read about if i don't find out what's wrong when i get back later.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

yo allan sorry,, this is suppost to be other way around,, like u are suppost to be answering out Q,, when u are lost WE ARE LOST TOO :cry:

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    hmm, i drive a 7th Gen and i have the same problem too. its the spark plugs firing, i have hte same issue but my muffler drowns it out instantly. people have pointed it out to me before, and its just the clicking of the spark plugs firing. its annoying as shit, and only certain people experience it.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd