The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Radio stops working after tweeter install

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Radio stops working after tweeter install

Hello im having an issue with my car stereo whenever I listen to radio on it. When I put it on any radio station it'll work for a little bit but after a minute or two it will go silent. The speakers still make sound because when I press any of the buttons on the stereo I hear it through the speakers. This issue started after I installed both door tweeters( with stock ones ) all the wiring for the headunit itself are matched up correctly and I wired it using solder and heat shrinks, same for the door tweeters I spliced the door speakers and solder/heatshrinked back together. If I place the stereo in AUX or cd it works fine and doesn't go silent only in that radio mode.

The radio is http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mxYHrtk...l-XHD6430.html
    Maybe because I have 6 speakers now and the radio says its 50x4? But that doesn't explain why AUX still works.
    The 6 speakers are: 2 Mitsubishi tweeters, 4 regular pioneer for the others. I have no amp for my set up just using the headunit for spreading the sound.

Everything sounds good. My guess is that radio you got there. No offense I know people gotta budget but I'll stay as far away from Dual, Jensen, Phase Linear, Pyle and Boss audio.... a good rule of thumb is if it came with screws that say remove before installing with a red label its gonna be a POS.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

I agree with oakrdrs187 that it maybe your head unit. According to the Crutchfield reviews, that particular head unit has a common lock up problem. Have you tried the "reset" button on your head unit?