The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HELP, I got paint on my gauge cluster

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

HELP, I got paint on my gauge cluster

So the title pretty much gets the point, but I got vinyl paint on my gauge cluster cover, the clear part and I don't know how to get it off, I attached some pictures of the information on the can. Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 154james; 11-03-2013 at 08:09 AM

Get some thinner maybe and wet a rag with it and try to rub it off? I don't know what paint thinner will do to the plastic. I'd just hit a junkyard and get another one.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

This goes to show that in order for something to get painted properly it should either be removed from the car then painted and then set to properly dry before its re-installed. If the part cant be removed the other parts in the vicinity should be properly masked to avoid this.

Anyway enough lessons. Try using rubbing alcohol on a cotton swap or alcohol wipes. Usually in first aid kits if you have one.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 11-03-2013 at 07:01 PM

I couldn't get it off, I ended up buying a whole new cluster and swapping out the clear cover. $35 lesson learned.

I've had pretty good luck with goo gone in the past if the paint is still fairly fresh..like over spray etc. Never had an issue with plastic or even paint, but I say this at your own risk of course lol. I always rinsed with water after or just wash that particular spot with car wash followed by a rinse. Its the yellow type, with the black label. I say all this for future reference.