The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Unknown Wires, need help, not in a hurry :)

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Unknown Wires, need help, not in a hurry :)

Hey so I've managed to get the connector for a 2001 GALANT and the connector for an 03-05 EVO8...both sets of connectors have at least 7 inches of wires still connected to them.
    What I'm doing is connecting the ends to each other to the corresponding wires, so when i swap out the motor and stuff, I'll just cut the wires to the ECU and just match up the colors from the Galant wires that are already attached to the Evo ends.
    So now i have a question about some wires from the Galant Side and Evo side and need to know if i need these.

NOTE: DOING THIS TO PREPARE FOR 4G63T SWAP FROM EVO8
    GALANT SIDE

#3) Brown--Heated Oxygen Sensor heater (front)
    #26)Blue/Red--Heated Oxygen Sensor (rear)
    NUmbers 3 and 26 Pin on Galant side i've seen on the Excel diagrams connect PIN(galant)#26 to PIN(EVO)#54 and PIN(galant)#3 to PIN(EVO)#60, would that be correct.

#35)Yellow--Evaporative Emission Ventilation Solenoid (Above Fuel tank on Evap canister)
    #50)White/green--DON'T NEED (auto control unit)
    #57)Black--DON'T NEED (a/t oil temp)
    #59)Yellow/Black--??? Don't know what this does, doesn't appear on wiring diagram
    #75)Pink/Green--DON'T NEED (auto cruise control)
    #77)Red/Blue--DON'T NEED (loops with PIN 89/auto trans)
    #84)Grey/Red--data link connector
    #89)Red/Blue--DON'T NEED (loops wih Pin 77/auto trans)
    #101)Black/Blue--Connects to Park/Neutral Position Switch...but i think loops with a Black/White wire through the switch which then connects to the Output and Input shaft speed sensor (black/white wire also connects to Junction box to a 10A fuse)
    #102)Yellow--PRETTY SURE DON'T NEED...Connects to Park/Neutral Position Switch
    #103)White--Connects to Input Shaft Speed Sensor
    #104)Green/Yellow--Connects to Output Shaft Sensor

#106)Red/Yellow--DON'T NEED (Overdrive/auto trans)
    #107)Yellow/Red--DON'T NEED (Torque Converter)
    #108)Red/Blue--??? To Exterior Lights (pretty sure its for reverse) and connects to Park/Neutral Position Sensor
    #109)White/Black--PRETTY SURE DON'T NEED...Connects to Park/Neutral Position Switch
    #110)Grey--PRETTY SURE DON'T NEED...Connects to Park/Neutral Position Switch
    #114)White/Red???--Don't know what this does, doesn't appear on wiring diagram
    #123)Green--???THINK I NEED IT...Connects to Exterior Light system and for Stop Light Switch

EVO SIDE

#11)Wastegate Solenoid (This i know i have to make new wire)
    #32)Green/Red--PRETTY SURE DON'T NEED IT...A/C Fan Relay Hi
    #34)Blue--PRETTY SURE DON'T NEED IT...A/C Fan Relay Lo
    #35)Red/Yellow--intercooler spray
    #39)Red/Black--THINK I NEED IT...Fuel Pump Speed...Connects to Fuel Pump Relay
    #40)Black--THINK I NEED IT...Connects to Camshaft Position Sensor,and CrankShaft Position sensor

#43)Light Green--DON'T NEED IT (clutch switch)
    #46)Yellow/Red--Connects to Fuel Level Sensor and Fuel Pump
    #51)Red/White--Immobilizer...THINK I NEED IT
    #54)Blue/Yellow--Oxygen Sensor Rear
    #55)Red/White--Intercooler spray relay
    #57)Red/White--DOESN'T SHOW UP ON WIRING DIAGRAM
    #60)Blue/red--Front oxygen Sensor
    #73)Yellow--MAKE NEW CONNECTION? Connects to Manifold differential Pressure Sensor
    #74)White/Black--Also Connects to Fuel Level Sensor with PIN#46 and gauge cluster
    #77)Blue/White--THINK I NEED IT...Connects to Fuel Tank Temperature Sensor

#78)white--Knock Sensor...I KNOW I NEED IT
    #79)Green/White--Diagnostics(WHERE DO I CONNECT THIS)

any help will do...thanks :)
    PS: Bold lettering ones are the ones i need help on...will post

Im not really sure if im understanding you right but your taking both connectors and soldering or crimping the pig tails together so when you cut off the end of the harness in your car youll then cu toff the 8g connectors on the new conversion harness you made and color match the wires and solder or crimp them?

Yes exactly...just wondering if i need certain wires.

Im just going to assume the wires that are not connected are wires i don't need.

sorry I haven't replied, I didn't really compare what you wrote down but if you follow the conversion chart you have youll be ok. its been used many times, your deleting about 35wires going with the evo so don't be surprise when you have a lot of wires just hanging around. I don't remember for sure but I think your gonna have to delete the immobilizer with ecu flash to get your car to start.

my tip would be to not splice the 8g and evo connectors back to back and rely on wire color to get you through. why, because its extra work for one and relying on the wire color could mess you up. what if there not the same on a few pins for some strange reason then youll have a hard time trying to track it down afterwards.

I would number each wire by pin number, on the evo connector using the proper chart identify each wire by pin and label it with some sticker numbers you can get from radio shack. now take the conversion chart and use it to label the evo wires with their new destination on the 8g harness. so now you have two labels per wire, where it belongs to on the evo connector and where its been relocated to on the 8g connectors. vise versa on the 8g connector the whole point of doing this is not only to splice the wires to their new spot but to cover your ass in case theres problem. youll know exactly what the original location of the wire was and were you relocated it to. the only trick is to actually label each wire correct according to the chart and not cut any wires prior to labeling and most importantly only splice one wire at a time and lots of patients.

this is pretty time consuming so if its on your daily driver it could be a problem but there is a company boomslang that actually fabs up conversion harnesses for this but the down side is they tend to screw up alot. I have one and before I could even install it my boy roman took it from me because he already knew that some wires would be wrong. he made it right and that's what im using right now.

Gotcha, thanks for a reply. i did actually label everything and i taped off everything with certain color labels and electrical tape just in case there was a mix up. I did some side jobs and i ended up buying the EVO8 connectors with the pigtails on ebay so technically didn't cost me anything. But i did triple check everything with 3 different excel files and also the wiring diagrams from Mitchell OnDemand and Alldata for both cars.

I do get what you're saying about boomslang, i just feel kinda not confident that ill pay $300 for mistakes that a company like that should not make lol.

But also i wish i was able to show you guys the labeling i did on the harness, but for some reason my account don't let me post pics up.[IMG]joshharness.jpg[/IMG]

yeah fail at picture upload

Hmm, Thats Weird. If You Go By Pin Placement You Will Not Mess Anything Up, Trust Me Thats How Military Jets Are Wired. You Always Always Go By Pin Placement

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

our cars are no "Jets" but hey lol...thanks for info guys...and how would i go about posting a pic on my replies?
    at least like that you can see what i have done.

you should just be able to copy and paste the img code from photo bucket ect.. And Yes, my car is a jet LOL
    the image code should look like this
    [ IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx34/wileyman45/IMG_20131020_161158_478_zps0e8be7ab.jpg[/IMG ]

ohhhhhhhh...ok...i see...also just found thread momoent you posted your reply for it...making photobucket account now

OK OK OK.....
    this was when i first went to PickYouPart in Anaheim, CA to cut the connectors off another 2001 Galant
    http://s847.photobucket.com/user/GAL...tml?sort=3&o=3

this was a shot before labeling
    http://s847.photobucket.com/user/GAL...tml?sort=3&o=2

this is a shot afterwards labeling
    http://s847.photobucket.com/user/GAL...tml?sort=3&o=1

and this is pigtail ends crimped together....The wires wrapped in green electrical tape are wire i don't need (i.e. auto trans wires, etc) and masking taped wires are ground wires.
    http://s847.photobucket.com/user/GAL...tml?sort=3&o=0
    Last edited by GALANTZILLA; 11-25-2013 at 12:32 PM Reason: posted pics

still can't see them lol
    Last edited by Galantman03; 11-25-2013 at 03:24 PM

MUDDA-EFFA...ok LOL....let me figure this out lol

When you use photobucket, look for the links beside the picture, shown below:

The link you want to paste literally should look like this:

[URL=http://s847.photobucket.com/user/GALANTZILLA/media/20131117_164034_zps0245473a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab33/GALANTZILLA/20131117_164034_zps0245473a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

when typed into your text box, you end up with:

Hope this helps!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

(FACEPALM)....Thanks wetamup2k3g...lol...kk here they are then lol since you have placed the first one for me already lol

This image is before labeling on galant harness

This one is after labeling and colorcoding labels for each connector

and vuala, pigtails ends crimped together, wrapped wires in green are ones i don't need thus far.