The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 Galant 2.0L Electrical Problems

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

2003 Galant 2.0L Electrical Problems

Hi Guys,

I reaaaally need help with this POS of a car. It has been trouble since the day I bought it used 4 years ago. I believe its electrical. Problem is it stumbles really badly on acceleration. Sometimes it has excellent acceleration, but most of the time its crap and really slow. At first I thought it was MAF, I replaced it 3 times. Now problem is back and worse. Its made hellishly worse if I turn on the AC. I also replaced an alternator last year. Now check engine light comes on and off, and each time it does so, car stumbles so bad, as if someone slammed the brakes while going 100km/h. MAF for this car sells for $1000 and used MAFs are worse than a needle in a haystack to find.
    Please if anyone has insight on this shitty problem.

Also to note, when in the rare occaision car is running smoothly, the electrical systems (wiper blades, fan speed for AC etc) run well, when its not, they run sooo slow and shit. I thought it was alternator, I had it replaced and checked out many times, it wasn't.

I am thinking bad ground or some other electrical disaster, and really need insight on this. Please help.

What are your codes? Sounds like spark plugs, but I'm not sure about the accessories slowing down. You might have ground issues, if you've changed your alternator, try running new grounds (the big 3, battery to chassis, engine to chassis, battery to alt (i think, just search for big 3 upgrade)). The stumbling sounds like spark plugs or maybe even coil boots and wires, if you do your plugs, replace those as well.

BTW, if you're in the US, the 2003 4-cyl is a 2.4L.

EDIT: nevermind about the 2.4L, if you're using km/h, you probably aren't in the US.
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 11-24-2013 at 09:05 AM

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I had some codes related to the MAF (barometric sensor, and air temp sensor). BTW this is the 3rd MAF. This car isn't located in the US. apparently its "well known" here that these pieces of shit cars burn through MAFs. And their MAFs are hard to come by as I have to find the exact part number, like a 2002 will fit perfectly in a 2003 but the electronics are different, therefore it will throw out codes and a CEL and run like shit. As for spark plugs, they are new, coil boots I haven't changed. But here is the thing, the car even with MAF running, runs crapply albeit atleast I can turn on AC. Right now the MAF is working on and OFF, when it goes off CEL comes on and car stumbles, when it comes on Same story but CEL goes off.
    My MAF part number is E5T08271 (SAYS 481 in large font and 2Y13, K)