The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lowered car problems? or just my luck

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

lowered car problems? or just my luck

well i did some searching and havent found the exact answer im looking for and if its out there please forgive me...

2009 galant es - lowered car w eibach pro kit earlier this year. replaced all 4 struts w kyb gr2. also put on new michelin defenders less than a year ago. yes i know its not the "ideal" set up but eibach pro kits are practically made to go w a stock suspension set up (especially new ones upon spring install). it really didnt bother me at first and i figured the springs had to set and i gave it some time. well i got busy and am really just getting back to this.

the ride is horrible. i can say its bouncy, rough, hard, i feel ever bump in the road, i could probably feel it if i ran over a pencil. you cant do anything while moving because it is just so jerky and rough. i highly doubt it is the struts because there is no actual bounce like an old school cadillac but more of a rough feel ever dip and uneven surface in the road. you really dont have much strut travel either when sitting on the hood/trunk. i have a strut bar and rear sway and have seen in some threads it can contribute, but nothing like what im experiencing when driving down a freshly paved highway.

other posts have talked about cutting the bump stops or removing them which is also a very controversial topic. i have an appt to see my mechanic this week because it seems like that is the problem (maybe he didnt cut them off or remove them). im hoping kinda that thats the problem but i figured you guys have better input before i see my mechanic.

any input is appreciated but please dont tell me "you should have bought fully adjustable coilovers" because if i had the money i would have. also, its a daily driver and was mainly to get rid of the infamous giant front wheel gap and everyone i know that has eibach pro kit springs from subies to civics dont have this problem. thanks in advance!!!

GR2's will blow out eventually on drop springs. That's simply how it is. If the ride has gotten progressively worse chances are that's your problem. If the bump stops weren't cut that will make big bumps feel much bigger but if you're picking up every seem and bump in the road it's probably your shocks.

If you didn't get it aligned after the drop that can contribute too.

this was done only about 8 months ago - i wouldnt say that its gotten worse, just at first i didnt really notice it or think it was a problem but lately ive had more time to pay attention - would they blow out that quick? i knew there was a change. also, if my shocks were blown wouldnt the car be bouncy if it was basically riding around on springs? not sure about the bump stops just yet - still need to go to my guy and have him check, but could that be part of the problem? also, i had 2 alignments done after lowering - 1 a couple weeks after and another about a month later

still thinking it could be the shocks?

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    I drove my car on gr2 for 2 yrs with a 2+ drop all around and never had an issue the car drove smooth with me moog bump stops

«Carlos»

any ideas on what it could be? change of bump stops?

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    You could try that but I'm no expert when it comes to suspensions I just know I had no issues with them even with the oem bump stop

«Carlos»