The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Legal advise for fix it tickets

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Icon5 Legal advise for fix it tickets

Whats up fellas,

Let me establish some basics. I have a 06 White Galant SE. 5% tint all around except front windshield. Rain guards. Painted my rims 2 summers ago. Different headlights (chrome housing instead of the stock black housing) I live in NYC.

So on October, I was driving into Staten Island from Brooklyn and I got stopped on the Verrazano Bridge by a bridge & tunnels cop . He issued me 3 tickets. No front license plate, "discolored drivers window" (black/gray), and covered rear plate . I noticed him taking at least 2 pictures of my vehicle when he stopped me: 1 from the front (front licence plate), and 1 from the drivers side (tints).

Immediately after that I went to an auto repair shop to get a receipt stating that I paid them to remove the window tint and mount a front bumper bracket for my front license plate (didnt really get it done). As far as photo proof of the repair, I wanted to take a picture of another Galant. My only concern is that i have rain guards, different headlights from the regular Galant SE, and black rims, and I dont know what is in the officer's photo.

I plead "not guilty" for the front bumper and tint ticket, and "guilty" to the covered rear plate then mailed it in. On the back of the ticket it says that if I get the issues fixed within 1 business day and mail the summons with the receipt it will be dismissed. I now just received a letter from the DMV giving me a court date for the two tickets on April of 2014.

What should i do so I dont get screwed? I havent taken any pictures. I was hoping I can borrow a fellow 9g member's photo but it has to look legit.

Fix your car so it's legit. Repair orders are cut and dry, especially if they took pictures. Don't go there with a 'felonious' photo, that's fraud and contempt charges all over window tints and a front license plate. All in the game fam, we tint and mod our cars knowing the shit ain't legal, so when we got popped it's all in the game. Don't get caught up over that. Try this link:

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Window-Tint

These are some ways to get the tint off yourself if you don't want to pay someone to do it. Good luck.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"