The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Left Transmission Mount Replacement

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Left Transmission Mount Replacement

I have a 2000 2.4L 4cyl and I have the drivers side transmission mount. Is there any way for me to replace it myself or do I need to take it to a shop?

Thanks, I know there is something to do with the studs but I don't know, any help would be appreciated.

I think its one of the easiest ones to replace. You should be able to replace it yourself if you have experience turning wrenchs. If not its probaly better if you let a shop do it

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    I think its one of the easiest ones to replace. You should be able to replace it yourself if you have experience turning wrenchs. If not its probaly better if you let a shop do it
    I've done a lot of fixes on my car, I just don't know how I am going to get the transmission down far enough so that the studs clear the mounting holes.
    Last edited by 154james; 12-03-2013 at 01:36 PM

you can remove the studs

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    I think you're confusion the actual tranny mount with the side engine mount which is a very easy task.

Quote Originally Posted by 154james View Post
    I've done a lot of fixes on my car, I just don't know how I am going to get the transmission down far enough so that the studs clear the mounting holes.

You gonna have to remove the front and rear mounts along with the cross member that goes from the core support back to just past the rear mount, you will need a floorjack with a block of wood to help support the engine/trans. It can be kinda of a pain.