The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Transponder Key Help Please.

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Transponder Key Help Please.

Hi Everyone. I am the proud owner of a 2006 Galant ES. Unfortunately my keys fell and the shell broke for my remote key. I have a 4 button transponder key similar to the one pictured here

I planned on buying a new shell off of Ebay. My question is can i replace the old remote key by taking the insides out of the broken shell and putting the contents in a new shell like this one and getting the new key/shell cut ?
    Or is the actual transponder inside the key blade, which means it would require special programming for the new key blade?

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

Should be able to swap and just cut. The chip is on the circuit board so no programming will be needed.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

TGC Lifetime Patron Colombianbigloc0's Avatar
    You shouldnt have a problem. Same situation happened to me and i bought the flip key one. The only thing you should look at when you buy the blank is that the grooves on the blank are on the same side as the key you have now. Flip key i think is a better option and protects the actual key. Ebay best way to go.

Hope this helps

I just did this, CURLY's was charging me $200 for it. I just bought a blank for $6 off of ebay, had lowed cut it for $6 also.