The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Parasitic drain

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Icon9 Parasitic drain

So i have this parasitic drain im pretty sure i know what it is but i cant fix it. I was replacing the leds in the cluster a while back and shorted one of the circuits but no fuse blew instead the open door light wont go off and it gets burning hot if i leave a bulb in. So ive had it removed for a while now. ive tested the current draw with a dmm it reads .15 on 10a settting so i think i have a draw of 1.5a ive pulled every fuse and cant get it to drop. If i leave my car sitting for more then 2 days my batteries die (note i have two batteries in my car(car audio)(and yes my amps turn off i can leave my whole setup unpluged and the batteries still dies). should i replace my cluster,did i fry the cars computer, or should i replace all my batteries?? i mean everything works fine except the open door light.. puzzled
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

No one has any idea I guess.. humm been working on it everyday can't for the life of me figure it out

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Negative soldier.

But a shot in the dark, check out a youtube vid on how to use a multimeter to find shorts. Then while watching the screen on the meter pull fuses related to what you were working on, perhaps even unplug a few harnesses until the values change (on the meter) And trace the short to its source when a change in current draw is seen on the meter.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Did you ever find source of the problem?cuz im having similar issues