The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MMCS and then some...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 41
    Nice..

Ill be keeping up with the thread.. Ive been searching every corner of the internet for an ISO..

Might just try the Aussie version to see what happens lol

I don't even know if there would even be that possibility. I think auMMCS is same as usMMCS

Sick!

What is the Adapter? You just plug it into the 12v charger or is there more involved? Where'd you get it?

Nice work.

The adapter is
    P/N: MZ607411EX. This adapter comes w a plug to attach to a +12vccd signal but it doesn't affect the adapter itself.
    I checked...no change.

This adapter was developed pre iPhone 4, essentially powering the devices through FireWire, which of course is no longer used.

I know this is thread necromancy but did anyone ever work out how to get composite video into the mmcs screen?
    I've got a 2007 Galant Ralliart that I want to add a backup camera to, and I know it was an option on the later Galant and endeavor models, but from what I can tell, they all use the same part number for the screen. Does anyone have a pinout or wiring diagram for the screen part?

If you are still trying to get bluetooth or ipod stuff working I recommend getting a GROM BT-3. I just installed one and it works great. Even the steering wheel controls work. It comes with a harness that just plugs into the back.

Why not just replace the stereo with aftermarket? You can bypass the $300 wiring piece simply by wiring your speaker wires to the output side of the amp (behind the glove box/upper passenger kick) Everything will still work fine and you will have way better connectivity. Thats what I did in mine and now I rock dual screens

Sean.... Post us some pics man...
    It would really be good to see some ideas.

Otothep: I think I have a wiring diagram... Let me see if I can locate it

Changing the head unit isn't really an option and I'd rather keep it stock.
    I know the stock units in some of the later cars support a backup camera, and from what I can tell, they all use the same screen unit.
    My question is, does the camera plug in to the screen directly, or does it plug into the head unit?
    If it's the screen then I should be able to make it work with any camera, but if it's dependent on the head unit I might need a later model. The pinouts I have of my model head unit mention RGB but not composite (that I can tell).

If anyone has any detailed info on this it would be a big help, I know I'm not the only one who wants to be able to add a composite input to the screen.

For what I recall I believe that the backup cam is a composite line triggered by the gear in reverse... I'm pretty positive one of the Russian modders did something where he had his mmcs, aftermarket head unit and headrest screens all showing the same video and he did something to the mmcs to have it con that composite video all the time...

Give me some time and I will look it up... I know that video is on YouTube as well

Here are the pics that echo asked for:

All that happened to the main screen of the mmcs is the radio icon disappered

The nav still works and everything else as well. Although the maps are from 2007 and not all that helpful so its not used really. I also have the aftermarket screen with every type of connection possible for anyone looking for lots of connectivity it is a good way to go but obviously not for everyone. I have the pin out diagram for the amp as well if anyone is interested in trying

I've found an OEM backup camera on ebay going cheap, it looks like it has a square plug on it that would fit the white square plug on the back of the screen. I'm tempted to buy it and plug it in and see what happens, but I've got no idea how to get the screen out of the dash. Does anyone have any tips?

The top little hood is just push clips use a plastic trim removal tool or a flathead with a cloth so you dont scratch anything. It will pull forwards and out and then if I remember correctly there are just a few screws holding the screen in. Just a heads up, if you have acc power in while the screen is unplugged your srs light will likely come on. Not really a big deal just an annoying light. Good Luck. Any questions or if you want pics let me know and I can probably pop mine apart for you

Great post Sean9G

MMCS and then some...

Did you get the steering controls to work with the pioneer?

Btw, this was the video I was referring to a few posts ago...

http://youtu.be/06mTEJ6Wbxc
    Last edited by echo12; 08-06-2015 at 01:16 AM

Yes i did. There are 2 options I know that work for sure. One is made by PAC audio (Part # SWI-RC(http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=29)) or you can use a piece made by idatalink (who also makes remote starter bypasses) that will do steering wheel controls as well as a ton of other cool features like read check engine codes since they interface with the vehicles data system (http://maestro.idatalink.com/product..._audio_id/4131) Personally I would say go for the idata piece if you are considering it since they are the same price at most places and provides a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by echo12 View Post

Btw, this was the video I was referring to a few posts ago...

http://youtu.be/06mTEJ6Wbxc
    Thanks! That video is exactly what I want to do! Do you have any more info on how he set it up? I just sent him a PM so hopefully I'll hear something back.
    I managed to pop the lid off but can't work out what wire goes where without a wiring guide.

There seems to be a few people interested so I'll do some testing and try to figure it out tonight and if I find anything ill post a walkthrough

I found these images linked from club9g.ru which will help a bit, but if anyone has higher res versions it would be great.
    http://midiser.users.photofile.ru/ph.../169328050.jpg
    http://midiser.users.photofile.ru/ph.../169328052.jpg

OK, so after tracking down a bunch of posts by midiser on Russian forums it looks like what needs to be done is cutting open the cable that goes from the navi unit to the back of the screen and finding the RGB +sync wires.
    I haven't found a diagram for them so I guess that's just trial and error.
    You then need to get a transcoder and wire it in.
    What that basically does is allow you to have an input that turns on whenever you select the navi option. There seems to be something in the navigation unit that enables the RGB input pins, apparently it sends a command over the CAN bus to switch the screen input over. You can also wire in a switch if you still want to use the navigation.

I'm still not sure if this is required to get a rearview camera to work, he mentions there is a difference in pre 2010 models that means you can't just send it a composite NTSC signal on pin 3 that it changes to when in reverse.
    I'll try it anyway and see if it works, as I don't have a transcoder and the only ones available here are about $200. Otherwise he suggests ordering this from a Russian site, which is the cheapest transcoder I've seen.
    http://vega-absolute.ru/production/catalog/43/81.html

This at least gets me on the right path, it's just a shame all the info out there on doing this is in Russian, and midiser seems to be pretty secretive about how he got it all to work on the club9g.ru forums.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast