The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AWD 98 galant build

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

AWD 98 galant build

so it all started about 2 years ago...

my first car was a 1997 eagle talon esi that i had for all of 6 months before someone blew through a yield sign in a neighborhood doing about 40mph and t-boned me and pretty much destroyed my talon. it took about 4-5 months for me to get any money out of insurance whatsoever so i was without a car for a few months, when it finally came time and i got my insurance check i couldnt find ANY decent DSMs within my price range. finally i came across my 1998 galant es for 600 bucks with no overdrive. i fixed the overdrive and drove it for exactly a year then i started this build.

this build started this past october and its been a lot of fun and ive had help from MKO with my fuel pump wiring and my buddies Reckless and Sin Inkster from Reckless Innovations have been helping throughout the entire build. my donor car was a 1997 eclipse gsx with a WHOLE LOT of rust and a blown transmission.

Reckless and I took my transmission to his machine shop and rebuilt the trans and continued the build. i've ran into little problems here and there throughout the entire process but I'm nearing the end of it thanks to all the help I got from everyone. still gotta put my new rear calipers on and bleed the brakes and i gotta mount my gas tank and put the intercooler where it belongs instead of in the engine bay LOL then im on the road!

heres a link to every single picture i have of my car and the build
    http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/Ben_Yealey/library/

Nice and welcome to TGC, love to see people jumping right in

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Yeah finally a build thread. Its good to see different approaches to extending the driveshaft. Very nice.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

thanks man! me and my buddy both extended ours in the same spot and hes had no problems with his. my buddy used a 1g donor for his awd 7g build and so many people told him it couldnt be done. but with enough patience and time it sure as hell works!

got to drive my car yesterday, its got a p0300 code and struggles to accelerate but it does run and drive so im not really sure whats up with it i havent had a chance to check it out but its got new coil packs, power transistor, plugs and wires. and the engine ran great when it was in the eclipse, could it be a problem with the gm maf and translator?

Is the GM MAF in the upper pipe or before the turbo? AUX=0 BASE=2 Im guessing are your settings

Build Thread

Upper pipe switch 1 on the rest off and aux=4 base=2 for 2g with 450cc injectors

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Don't have the wideband hooked up yet but it smells rich

Quote Originally Posted by highgro420 View Post
    Upper pipe switch 1 on the rest off and aux=4 base=2 for 2g with 450cc injectors
    this setting is for 550-560cc injectors

Build Thread

Ok the full throttle tech tuning guide said aux 4 base 2 was 450cc for 2g dsm