The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brake Calipers! OEM are 400+!!!!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Icon9 Brake Calipers! OEM are 400+!!!!

Are you serious!!! I called about geeting factory Brake Calipers and they were 400+. I have a 2003 V6 and I was looking to get just a factory replacement but at that price, I can probably pick up some aftermarket upgrades cheaper. I was wondering what everyone has installed in their 8th Gen front brakes!?! anyone come across a good deal for the upgrade?

when i replaced my maxima brake assembly, I pulled a newerset off from a junkyard, disassembled it, and rebuilt it to factory specs for way lower than getting new ones.

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    Iirc, you can do a bigger brake upgrade kit from the Outlander. I remember seeing the guide somewhere here on TGC.

Just need the calipers, mount bracket, and the rotors if I'm not mistaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

grab some dual piston fron tcalipers from a 99 at a junkyard and you can rebuild them if you desire.

The v6 galant (1999 and 2000), eclipse gsx (1998-1999), Diamante (1997-2004) came with dual pot brakes up front. You'll need to buy rotors and brake pads for them as well. Would all be new though.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Experienced TGC Member
    Have you found any replacements yet? Have a set of factory calipers, new rotors and pads I have no use for them anymore now that I did the brembo swap. They came off my 02 4cyl. Did a little research and I do believe they would fit. Correct me if im wrong guys. Pm me if interested. Need them out the garage. They only have 70k on them. Pay shipping and there yours..
    Last edited by coconut; 02-03-2014 at 10:30 PM

I'm sure you checked rockauto right?

^Bingo..I was about to say the same lol. And if you do, google rockauto discount or discount code..and use search tools to switch to this month to find a recent code

All this of course if you can't use coconuts brakes, not tryna redirect a sale or anything
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 03-29-2014 at 08:05 PM

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I got a set of 2001 calipers I have no use for since going to Brembo's.

Or grab a set from a parts store.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Experienced TGC Member
    Go brembos!!