The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ATTN Evo X owners...look!

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

ATTN Evo X owners...look!

http://rawevo.com/evo-x/news/mitsubi...idden-agendas/ might be old news for those who stay current with the evo community, but I saw this in my newsfeed on facebook

Oh darn. You can't screw the dealer anymore because they know how you treat your street race car. People need to either drop a pair and mod their cars or quit whining and suck the warranty.

I'm so tired of hearing people complain about dealers not covering stuff under warranty due to mods. Especially the X crowd. Mitsubishi is literally the LAST manufacturer except MAYBE subaru to have flash tracking. Either you don't mod your car and are happy when something gets covered or nothing happens and the warranty is unneeded. Honestly, who buys a car thinking they're gonna need the warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    Honestly, who buys a car thinking they're gonna need the warranty?
    Apparently from past observations, most Lancers and Evo owners.

^^This, I personally know of someone who at my friends shop modded a new ralliart with bigger intercooler, piping, straight exhaust and tune. Upped the boost and Put down 350WTQ. We told him thst he can kiss his warranty good-bye and he said he didnt care.

Comes back with a completely closed gap (from impact) #3 spark plug. We think he over reved, spun a bearing and hit the plug and possibly a valve, #3 failed a leak down test (twice to be sure) done by 2 different people. He then pays for the car to be put back to stock so Mitsu can warranty the motor, hes paying so we did the work.

Mitsu did a compression test (lol) and said it was fine, to just replace the plug. Long story short he traded it in for an MR, dumbass mitdu took it back and now most likely someone is gonna be screwed later when they buy it. Point is he knew what he was getting himself into and when shit hit the fan he didn't want to deal with it.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Then someone will buy the ralliart and say it blew up in 2k miles. They will go online and say what shit mitsubishi is lol, ohh joy to the world.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

^^^ P. Much

It was a POS anyway (auto w/ paddles), the guy modded it for his 18 yr old fat son, who can drive stick for shit. He wrecked an 09 SE-R sentra (auto), blew up the Lancer and lets wait and see what he does to the MR (shit paddles too)

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Lol while its not in my budget to begin with currently, I can't see myself buying a new(er) and still be dependent on the warranty...I just can't fightt the mod bug long enough until the warranty expires lol. Then again I don't know if my typical choice of mods would void warranty, as I normally focus more on looks. Most power mods are basic like exhaust and intake lol.

Its not really the void of warranty that would scare me, its the ridding of the tune. But I dont have an evo, so this is all hypothetical lol
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 02-08-2014 at 05:31 PM

I got that notice but they wont flash my car because i have an exhaust.....

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

^I'm pretty sure thats illegal based upon the Magnusson-Moss Act.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Yea my dealer wont do anything with my car. I was having an issue with my fast key when i first got my car and they told me, "your car is modified we can't fix that"

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

A key problem can't be solved because of a fucking exhaust? That's crazy.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

^It's also illegal, the dealership can only deny warranty claims if it can prove that the modifications directly caused whatever issue arises.

That is crazy..friend of mine has exhaust on his 8th gen civic, and his car is lowered..and I'm pretty sure he told me when his horn went out, it was covered by the dealer. Now he got it at a local Nissan dealership iirc, so I don't know if it makes a diff vs. a Honda dealer. If its this bad for evo owners, I wonder what stipulations Nissan has for r35 owners lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Doesn't matter if you own a Mitsubishi, Nissan or even Lamborgini....if you modify the car, you are going or taking a huge chance of the manufacturer of voiding areas of the vehicle warranty plain and simple. I get it if a dealer denys a warranty claim for a A/C issue because of a non related modification...but expecting a manufacturer to cover a warranty claim with a modification directly associated with the issue is like expecting a virgin prostitute.

If you choose to modify your car when its new and with a warranty...expect some things not be covered.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

The dealership near me King Mitsubishi actually is a AMS dealer and has a huge show case of AMS products on the back wall in there showroom. I never asked if they install the products.

wait.... that those prostitutes weren't virgins?

JAJA. this is bull. My question is why. They stupid. Doing this now when they going to stop production to all evos, galant and eclipe. My opinion is a waste. No one unless you love to stay untune would flash a patch lock.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built