The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Welcome In A New Dragon!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 164
    I'm just messing with ya I would love to see an LS swapped galant though.
    Manual swap is a must for these cars, they really come alive with that third pedal and a stick.
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

Well guys, here is an update... car is gone. Ran into some major issue with my paycheck. Really haven't gotten paid in over a month. Found out 6 days after the fact that county decided to tow my car from the garage lot because it wasn't tagged. I call them to find out that the bill is just under $500 for tow and storage and increasing daily. Since I have no paycheck right now until the fix the issue I can't do anything. And when they do fix my check I have to catch up on all my bills. So the car is a loss. What really sucks is all of my tools are in the trunk with my jack and stands and everything. And I just put the new exhaust and about $200 worth of parts into it.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

That sux dude, I bet you feel like you got kicked in the balls.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

I feel like my balls were ripped out through my ass hole. It sucks soo much. If my girl friend didn't blow all the money I had set aside for it it would have been towed long ago and avoided all of this. Sucks soooooo bad. And I'm stressing hard core.

Sorry to hear man, keep your head up and keep moving forward as hard as it may be. Any way you could ask for your tools back? Its not like they had store them seperate if they were in the car, it was just the car itself. You know what I mean? Hope it works out

I tried. They told me I couldn't get anything from it till I paid the bill.

Just picked her up today...

Has a few issues. Needs inner tie rod on passenger side and wiper blades to pass inspection. Needs a tune up. Transmission shifts a little hard, especially when shifting into reverse. And it seems like the key doesn't work in the door. Lol

Sweet deal man! a good looking car to start with i'm just not a fan of the 03 bumper's, can't wait to see what you do.

Now keep this one!

It looks the nicest out of all of yours so far.

Lol... thanks Blue8g. And that's the plan.

COME ON BROTHER!!!!! Mod time lol

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

I strongly suggest before any mods start, get the thing safely on the road tie rods and wipers. Then change fluids, trans, engine oil, coolant. And don't forget timing belt and water pump.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Working on it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I strongly suggest before any mods start, get the thing safely on the road tie rods and wipers. Then change fluids, trans, engine oil, coolant. And don't forget timing belt and water pump.
    x2
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Oh the mods are on hold. Gotta make sure this one is strong first. I learned from the last one.

Congrats homie!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

OK guys, got some questions and looking for opinions. So I have been working on the main stance items for the car and some of its issues and was wondering what you guys thought. Here is my list:

EGR valve- throwing a couple codes (not sure which ones since the guy at Autozone was a douche) and was told that the EGR needed to be cleaned. What would I use to clean it or is that not an option. And I also thought about deleting it all together. Do I just need to remove it and use a block off plate or is there more to it?

Hard shift in the trans- so it shifts kinda rough and its even worse when shifting into reverse. Could this be a simple issue? Or should I start sourcing 5speed parts?

intake manifold- so since I have to remove everything to do the spark plugs I was thinking I might go ahead and do the upgraded 74 intake and tb. What's your thoughts on this?

Other than a few other minor details, the car seems to be doing great.

Oh wait, one more thing... I smell gas. Not from outside the vehicle, but while driving. I'm not sure where its coming from either.

Solved the fuel smell issue. The black ring on the fuel pump was barely on. Got almost 2 full turns. And both hoses weren't on fully.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    EGR valve- throwing a couple codes (not sure which ones since the guy at Autozone was a douche) and was told that the EGR needed to be cleaned. What would I use to clean it or is that not an option. And I also thought about deleting it all together. Do I just need to remove it and use a block off plate or is there more to it?
    Good luck, there are many components of the EGR system, I would go to a different store, have them pull the codes and right down the codes, that might make it easier in your search

Hard shift in the trans- so it shifts kinda rough and its even worse when shifting into reverse. Could this be a simple issue? Or should I start sourcing 5speed parts?
    First check the trans mount, front mount and rear mount since all three are on the trans, but I would start finding the 5 speed parts, thats how mine went

intake manifold- so since I have to remove everything to do the spark plugs I was thinking I might go ahead and do the upgraded 74 intake and tb. What's your thoughts on this?
    I have the 6g74 IM and TB, I would say skip it, just keep the 6g72 IM and TB, save your money. If you want power you can actually feel then do the 5 speed swap.
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast