The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: galant 7g v6 6a12 engine 95 model service manual

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

galant 7g v6 6a12 engine 95 model service manual

Hi Guys,

I'm new on this site. I have a 2nd hand galant automatic v6 6a12 newly rebuild engine 1995 model. The problem is it runs fuel rich ,it will blows a black smoke and has poor millage. All were checked and cleaned the possible parts MAF,IAC,FPR,INJECTORS, SPARK PLUGs and CABLE,FUEL PUMP,VACUM LEAKS,EGR, except the 02 sensors which is now I'm suspecting the cause. I've keep on looking the 02 sensors in the exhaust manifold,CAT but I can't find it. I've read on this site that that it is located inside the radio compartment or center console under the drivers side but there's none . I am thinking that this model don't have 02 sensor design or the 1st owner condemn it but it is impossible for an fuel injected engine.
    Can I ask favor to all galant enthusiast if somebody has a softcopy of service manual of galant v6 6a12. I really appreciate if somebody can send to my e-mail address [email protected] . By the way there no CEL warning on the Dashboard.

Thanks,

Tawing
    Philippines

from philippines here too. what part do you need coz i bought mine. just pm me .

by th way, when ias rebuilding my galant v6 6a12, i had the same problem which you describe. i removed my knock sensor because it was faulty. then i tried to check the TPS for proper calibration and output, then i knew it had a problem with its TPS. what i did was look for surplus TPS and matched the specifications and adjustments on the throttle body. what i got as a significant improvement in mileage and a little bit of hesitation during quick launch. but other than that, i know i have to replace with new TPS and knock sensor.

Hi spike,

We are the same from north mindanao. I'm in Butuan. Where did you buy your knock sensor? May I know knock sensor symptoms? and how to test if it is faulty?
    Is there CEL in your dash?

Does you CEL light up when you turn the key to on position? Your bulb might be out.

And this is how you test for codes: http://www.troublecodes.net/mitsu/
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

my CEL is working fine. I think this versiion of Galant is HJ VR6 with 6A12 motor. when i used the paper clip method(although im not using paper clip) it says that i have a knock sensor error, tps calibration and... I forgot. I run a automotive shop in my place which specializes in Electronic diagnostics (OBD) but on the other hand i still have to purchase the MUT3 or other alternative hardware to diagnose OBD1 which specializes in Mitsubishi systems. I have a VCI to diagnose, troubleshoot, reprogram, etc any vehicles(which is curently supported by my hardware and software) but still limitted to car/manufacturer specific cable interface. As for the Galant HJ, i know it uses a 12 pin-16 pin combo to do diagnostics and tuning.

As for this ECU, it stores trouble codes but if it can run on fail safe mode/cripple opperation the CEL is not blinking or lighting up. but it runs rich.

Yes, the CEL light up on when the key is on position then after few seconds it will off. I've tested if my CEL if It will detect something bad and I've disconnected out my
    coolant sensor and my CEL on so I think my ECU is working properly.

Up date of my G. fuel rich problem. Yesterday Ive pulled out my fuel rail and the injectors for leak test and found the cause I have 3 stuck open injectors . It is sad to say my 1st mechanic maybe failed to cleaned it properly last January when my engine was overhauled. Good thing that MKO share to me his G service manual and Ive learn a lot of things how to trouble shoot just like how to bypass the fuel pump if you want to isolate fuel system checking. There is a bypass female socket that you can hook on directly to B(+) with out switching the key on.

i thought this post has a manual for 6A12 dohc :(
    [SIZE="1"]1996 Galant VR V6 (Red) 7G
    6A12 DOHC NA

Quote Originally Posted by josephbrien View Post
    i thought this post has a manual for 6A12 dohc :(

which part do you need?
    i have a 6a12 manual

Quote Originally Posted by tawing View Post
    Hi spike,

We are the same from north mindanao. I'm in Butuan. Where did you buy your knock sensor? May I know knock sensor symptoms? and how to test if it is faulty?
    Is there CEL in your dash?
    I still havnt bought a knock sensor. but i got some inquiries in the internet shops. test your knock sensor for functionality. get a multi tester and set it to millivolts then tap the tip of the knock sensor with something hard or screw driver, etc... then if it deflects voltage change then it might still be working. Anyway, knock sensor if i may be right, detects fuel octane levels by determining the knock that the engine resonates as it approaches ignition or power stroke, then it advances or retards the ignition timing according to its preset values to reduce or eliminate engine knock.