The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I need help.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Icon5 I need help.

So I need help. I have a 2003 mitsubishi galant es 3.0L v6 I'm wondering if theres is anyway I can swap the auto transmissions to convert it to manual. Any suggestions?

Yes you can tons of people have done it. You need the tranny from a manual v6 eclipse. Look around these forums I'm sure there are several threads about this subject and I am sure something with an 8th gen galant will chime in on this soon lol
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

All the 6G7X transmissions are interchangeable as far as I know, so you can take out your stock autotragic and replace it with either one the 3G 5 speeds (F5M51-1-F5N2 is in the GT, F5M51-1-S5N is in the GTS) or if you feel a 6 speed is more your style the 4G GT 6 speed is an option (F6MBA-1-LKJA).

pretty sure you will have more troubles trying to use one from a 4g if its even possible.

you can also use one from a stratus r/t but make sure you have the right clutch combo.

I think the problem with using the 6 M/T on an earlier chassis is while it will bolt up you need custom axles (probably in the neighborhood of $250-$350 each), but I know there are at least a couple 4G Eclipses using the 3G 5 M/T. If I'm not mistaken I believe if you pirate a 5 M/T from a 3G Eclipse you can reuse the donor Eclipse's axles...

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...2-5-Speed-Swap

Many many many people have done the swap, I've done the swap.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT