The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The old RIPP Modification Supercharger (SDS)

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

The old RIPP Modification Supercharger (SDS)

alright I have searched over this website and club3g looking for info. so far I have everything I need but has anyone heard of someone using an A2W aftercooler in the setup? everywhere I look, which is hard being nobody has done this for years, I only see comments on methanol injection being the only option because of the space...
    I've found an Air to Water that's 4.5x4x14
    anyone think you could reroute the MAF (blow through style, no recirculation) with a BOV and the intercooler?

does anyone know if there is any regulations on distance between the manifold and the MAF, BOV and MAF, etc.? all the pics I find have the MAF a good 4 inches from the mani but nobody ever says if there is a reason for it.

a buddy said to run the setup like this
    filter<supercharger<A2W<BOV<MAF<Mani
    he said something about resonance wave tuning but never explained it. is there something spectacular about having the BOV next to the MAF because if seems to me that you're cooling off all that air just to blow it into the atmosphere

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Have fun blowing through the MAF. Be sure to post pictures of the bits and pieces of your pistons.

RIPP design was originally designed for 3G specifications and not intended for 8g auto/ECU setup. Don't recall any positive feedback from 8g owners from this product in the past 10 years of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    RIPP design was originally designed for 3G specifications and not intended for 8g auto/ECU setup. Don't recall any positive feedback from 8g owners from this product in the past 10 years of existence.
    That's nice to know G-spot, thanks for the heads up. I plan on doing a reflash, that should take car of the ECU issue agreed (and make tuning a lot more reliable right since I wont have to dick with a piggyback type)? as far as the tranny, I've had my eye on some beefed up rebuild kits, do you happen to know the "number" for our trannys? like how the engine is 6g72...here is the website I found floating around the forums: http://www.importperformancetrans.co...cyl.-1667.html

thanks for any positive advice you might have =]

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    Have fun blowing through the MAF. Be sure to post pictures of the bits and pieces of your pistons.
    Keep your negative shit to your own threads. If it isn't helpful, go tell your pillow cuz nobody else wants to hear it. Constructive criticism is always welcome but blowin smoke is childish. If you have any advice about blow through VS. draw through feel free to explain, that would be something worth posting.

http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_vi...dProduct=28405