The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New guy from VA Beach.

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

New guy from VA Beach.

I've always loved Mitsubishi. Started off driving an auto 1.8 1st gen Eclipse. Then I moved up the a 00 5-speed 3.0 3rd gen Eclipse, modded that and loved it, then someone hit me and totaled it. So 2 years ago I picked up an 02 2.4 Galant ES. I've had friends that were into modding Galants so I've learned a few things from them. Before I could post on this forum I was on here searching things, so I have a lot of ideas just need the money to make it happen. (The fun part)

Welcome to TGC! Have any pics?

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Welcome to the site!

I love VA Beach, when I was in the service I spent a fair amount of time down in the Dam Neck area training (and then a significant amount of time drinking post-training at Hot Tuna or Shuckers...)

Thank you, I plan on adding pics very soon.

That's cool Vegas, haha there is always good places to find drinks around here. How long were you here?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
    -Casey

02 Galant ES 2.4
    91 Plymouth Laser RST

Nice reminds me of mines.

I was there off and on for about three years. I moved to Charleston a couple years ago, but still go back up every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Raekarin View Post
    Nice reminds me of mines.
    Thanks, silver ones are the best! I like the silver and black look. I plan on getting my windows darker like yours look, and have some flat black evo8 wheels I plan on putting on soon.
    -Casey

02 Galant ES 2.4
    91 Plymouth Laser RST

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I was there off and on for about three years. I moved to Charleston a couple years ago, but still go back up every once in awhile.
    Oh ok, I was just wondering, I remember seeing a maroon 4G GT at a Mitsubishi/Lancer meet we had around here. And it had similar mods like you listed in your welcome post. It was years ago, at the old AMC8 by lynnhaven mall. Wasn't you by any chance was it?
    -Casey

02 Galant ES 2.4
    91 Plymouth Laser RST

I was thinking of going white but silver with the black windows does look nice. Team silver galant lol

Experienced TGC Member
    Welcome to the site !!!! Team silver, where do I sign? Lol.

Lol Coconut

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet02 View Post

welcome to the family man! i always envy silver, black, and white g's. soo much potential! [as with every color, but to me, it's not as easy].

what ideas do you have for it so far? anything "out of the ordinary?"
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

I have lots of ideas. But because I have a small tempature issue, I'm gonna start with cooling. I've replaced everything in the cooling system except the water pump and it still occasionally heats up to about 3/4 of the temp gauge. So I plan on getting the Eclipse mishimoto radiator and modding the brackets to hold it. Unless I find out the evo 4/5/6 or 7/8 rad fits better. Then of course the tranny cooler. If that doesn't fix the temp issue, I'm gonna start looking into the wiring because I've already swapped the gauge.

Next inline is to drop the car, KYB AGX struts/shocks and as far as springs I'm between Tein and Eibach. I need enough drop to look good but not too much cause the roads around here aren't the best. I'm trying to strenthen the car before I start with the power adders.

But in short nothing too out or the ordinary just yet. Just working on what I know first then I will experiment on different things later on.

Team Silver, whoop whoop! I gotta add that to my signature pic, when I make it
    -Casey

02 Galant ES 2.4
    91 Plymouth Laser RST

Welcome!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet02 View Post
    Oh ok, I was just wondering, I remember seeing a maroon 4G GT at a Mitsubishi/Lancer meet we had around here. And it had similar mods like you listed in your welcome post. It was years ago, at the old AMC8 by lynnhaven mall. Wasn't you by any chance was it?
    Not me, but no doubt a man with impeccable taste in cars and mods! I did used to go to Lynnhaven area quite a bit, but never really got into any meets or gatherings there. My friends all seemed to live across the bridge in Newport News or Chesapeake.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Not me, but no doubt a man with impeccable taste in cars and mods! I did used to go to Lynnhaven area quite a bit, but never really got into any meets or gatherings there. My friends all seemed to live across the bridge in Newport News or Chesapeake.
    Haha that's funny. I will warn you tho, if you come back around, the the tunnels have a toll. They will send you a bill for $3 and some change each time you go thru, unless you have an easy pass then it's a dollar something. Right now it's just the downtown and mid town tunnels, but they were talking about hitting the other ones in the future.

Thanks for the welcome M-Rod
    -Casey

02 Galant ES 2.4
    91 Plymouth Laser RST

Welcome to the site!