The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oxygen sensor help please !!!

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

oxygen sensor help please !!!

i have a problem and im hoping someone can help me. I have a 99 galant and im having an issue with the front O2 sensor, the stock plug is gone and all i have is 4 wires there. i dont want to spend 1000 plus on a new harness. Im wondering if anyone can tell me the 4 wires that are there, where they are located. its a square plug so looking at it with the latch on top to disconnect, top left top right. bottom left and bottom right. so i can match it up with the O2 sensor. I cant get the cat and O2 to be READY for inspection in NY. So its either bad O2 sensor there or the wires are not right how I have them and its not ready. I do not have any codes for O2 sensor or cat now. I did have code for coolant temp. im going to be replacing the thermostat. I just did the sensor last week cause i had a code for that. please any help would be great. email me if you want. [email protected]

Is there a Pick N Pull junkyard near you? Go to the junkyard and see what you are missing and buy what you need. I think a pigtail (plug) is $4 dollars at the junkyard I go to. I would take a picture of mine but it wont help since I have aftermarket O2 sensors and the wires are different colors than factory.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

I appreciate the response. Ill call around today and see if any have 97-00 galants. A friend of mine has a 99 but im just waiting to check it out. Also have a code for temp of coolant. everywhere i read suggested the thermostat. I just did the coolant temp sensor. U think thats the best place to start ? the thermostat ?

the USDM 8th gen galant is 1999 to 2003. Replacing the thermostat sounds good, becareful not to over tighten the bolts, when I replaced my thermostat I reused my oem gasket since the gasket that came with the new thermostast was slightly too big and my gasket was in good shape.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

u said after market O2 sensors. I just need to know the colors on the stock harness. I know the colors on the actual O2 sensor are all different depending on make. But the stock harness plug is what im looking for