The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: low idle

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    sohcguy

low idle

iveread the other posts on idle problems but they all seem to deal with dohc. what about the sohc? it started a couple of weeks ago. when i try to start the car i have to turn it over three or so times before it will stay running and it idles real low about 500 rpm for a minute or two then goes to the correct idle. after it idles fine i turn on the ac with no problem and it will stay at the correct idle with no problem. when i drive the car runs fine through the rpm range until i stop. i push the clutch in and it wants to die. it idles low again for a minute then returns to normal. ive already checked the pcv and for any vacuum leaks.no problem. im just lost now.thanks!

sohcguy
    or is it the same as the dohc?

TGC Regular
    ok im not 100% sure on this but i know one of the things they did to my car when they fixed it was add a new cap and rotor. now my car idles correctly. maybe u should have them checked out. but i also had a timing that was upside down and my firing order was a bit messed up i believe. so i dont know if that helps at all.

clean your throttle body.

sohcguy
    ill try those,thanks.

bongi
    replace your fuel filter