The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New dude from Nebraska (HELLO)

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Icon14 New dude from Nebraska (HELLO)

Hey every im more of a newbie when it comes to imports i know enough to fix whatever goes wrong. My 1993 Galant ES. 16 valve SOHC is my second "import" project car. I originally got it to fix and resale paid $400 for the car pretty much redid the whole head new valves valve seals and some other small stuff. And im still working on it because i decided to take it apart when it started snowing. Im still debating on keeping it or selling it i kinda wanna keep it and i would like to keep it even more if someone can tell me if its possible to do an awd 5spd conversion. And an estimate on how much it would cost to do it. I came on here to get to maybe brainstorm with a few people on what to do with it. I kinda have an idea of what i want to do with it is lower it bigger cam ecu upgrade and if possible awd 5spd money is kinda scarce only because i have another project im dumping some monies into. So hello fellow galant owners.

So if interested in starting a brainstorm with a few people on a build let me know.

welcome to the forums! i know a lot of people have dont the 5speed swap; awd, im not sure. i think possibly [JST possibly] one or two people have done it. don't quote me on that one though!

hopefully you keep it though! i know i was going to sale mines until i came on here and saw all the mods that can be done to them
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

Welcome to the site!

Thanks for the replies, i might and i might not keep it. I will have to see i might like it a lot more after i figure out what im going to do to it. I wish i could post picture i found one that i really liked. I plus i still have a little room to drop a bit more money into it, and make my money back on it. Just needs to warm up so i can start working on it again. Have a garage but parts for my other project are in it haha.

If you need help posting pictures, take a look at this thread:
    HOW TO: Post pictures on TGC

this is what made me want to keep mine but im pretty sure that is a vr4
    Last edited by Voodoo; 02-25-2014 at 09:14 PM Reason: Changed URL to IMG

Yes, it is a safe assumption that is a VR4, judging by the front-mount intercooler tucked behind the front bumper

Welcome to TGC! I'm not as familiar with the 6G Galants such as the one you have and posted, but I believe the swaps you ask of are possible. 5-speed would probably be the easiest but I don't know how easy it is to find the right trans for them. I'm not sure about the AWD swap at all, as I don't know if the GVR4 and normal 6G galant use the same frames; the US 8G and JDM/worldspec 8G's are totally different under the skin. Good luck with your plans!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Welcome to TGC! I'm not as familiar with the 6G Galants such as the one you have and posted, but I believe the swaps you ask of are possible. 5-speed would probably be the easiest but I don't know how easy it is to find the right trans for them. I'm not sure about the AWD swap at all, as I don't know if the GVR4 and normal 6G galant use the same frames; the US 8G and JDM/worldspec 8G's are totally different under the skin. Good luck with your plans!
    I've been doing a crap ton of research on a awd swap. And still do not understand i was told not possible because AWS with the vr4 and there is no room in the rear wells for it to work. And what i do not understand about this is that and i could be wrong is the swap could be done without using the aws components. And im not that familiar with imports in general but ive helped with a few swaps on domestic cars and you can use to motor and tranny in one car with a different rear end in another car. And i could be wrong but i didnt know that vr4s are pretty rare and finding a vr4 motor that someone does not want i would imagine would not be easy at all. And also just would spend way to much money on vr4 motor trans even if i could find one i could just buy a awd car.

Welcome! Ever figure out what you want to do as far as lowering goes?

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Welcome! Ever figure out what you want to do as far as lowering goes?
    Yes and no, I have not had time to touch any of my cars lately. I think i might just sell it tired of it taking up room.