The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Couple small details on my galant

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Couple small details on my galant

Took "Galant" off the back but left the emblem I probably make it black. Painted the grill black bc I sprayed plasti dip on it by mistake the other day lol and then cleaned it a little. Saving up for rims and new tires. Gonna do more research and figure out what else I can do now. Still a beginner with this car stuff.

Love that clean look in the back. I did the same on mine. All people need to see is tail lights and diamonds.
    -Casey

02 Galant ES 2.4
    91 Plymouth Laser RST

That's very true !!

Maybe a mild drop when the times right, Eibach pro kit, H&R springs etc will give you that nice sporty look but you wont sacrifice much ride comfort. Add some KYB gr-2 struts and youll be good, your looking at about $400-500 when done

That's not bad. Where did you get your seats from ? They look nice

lookin clean! planning on doing mines soon [sucks being lazy lol] what all did you use? i think i have all the materials but just wanna make sure. i got:

hair dryer [dont have a heating gun
    fishing line / dental floss
    goo gone

i know its a hella simple process, but care to post a how - to thread in the how to section??
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

Looks good! You definitely want to keep the triple diamond in the back, if you take it off you'll be left with two ugly mounting holes.

like Bryant (xd_01) said, a nice drop with lowering springs would set the car off, even with the stock wheels on there. On everything that's my next mod after I buy new tires for my RPF1's.

How much do you like the pinstripe on the sides? If you like it, keep it, but if you're like me you don't really love it and removing it could be your next easy move. Other than what you've already done or said you wanna do, you're coming along nicely. Of course, keep the maintenance up, timing belt, accessory belts, fluids, mounts, suspension components, etc. before going hard on mods. Good luck and keep it up Rae!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I got my seats from OG Racing in Sterling but there fixed back seats which means there not reclinable and wouldn't be very comfortable for street driving. They have other seats that are more street friendly though.

I think Baltimore Coty has the worst streets and I'm bad at avoiding potholes lol I just know one day ima mess my car up. But I definitely do wanna drop it a bit. I hateeeeee the pin stripe, so I'll take that off next. My brakes sound horrible so I need to get that checked out then I'm pretty much good.

Baltimore lazy as shit with these potholes. They not even patching them up right now. They just put traffic cones in the deep ones like "watch out." I hate driving in Baltimore. If most of my family wasn't still in the city I wouldn't even bother much anymore.

Anyhow, keeping a good bit of distance between you and the car in front of you at speed so you can scan the road and knowing your route will help keep you from hitting potholes. Quality wheels and tires kept at the proper inflation along with good ball joints and tie rod ends will minimize any damage, if any, if you do happen to hit a pothole.

And yay! No more pinstripe lol

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

If you need brake pads, try out posi quiet ceramics. I have em and like them, and debading my car was also my first mod lol since it was free. I had originally bought plasti dip back in nov. maybe to spray my faded grills, but left some in both cans to possibly black my diamond stars and maybe the v6 fender badges when it gets warmer.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and tips. I'll definitely be looking up everything mentioned. Checked out the posi quiet ceramics lastnight and I like those might have to put a order in.

I think over east has the worst potholes ever though not as bad where I live. My grandfather checked my brakes yesterday and said they seemed fine just was hard (i think that's what he said) from the really cold weather we've had.

I need to plastidip by back diamond when it warms up a little.