The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My VR4 is a prick, im sure it hates me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Sorry to hear, I'm certain once you found the problem, you will love the car you have.

The thing that bothers me is how slow it revs at idle. I do want to think the timing is off by one tooth. It is a timing belt setup correct?

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

parting it, got it checked over and he said it should be parted befor scraped, its got a full 3inch exhaust, professionally tinted windows, If someone on here in nz wants it, im happy to let them buy it, would need a new motor droped in,

I had the air flow directly onto the intake today, and its still not gona rev up however it reved up faster with the turbos helping it, aswell as a a turbo being seized, i can see why the guy that sold it to me was lieing, he knew it had more problems then stated, he even said he had the turbos off and recondition by a mechanic (himself was what he forget to mention)

also the mechanic that owned it failed to mention that he had bought it broken down, and replaced the clutch, belts, etc all by him self, apprantly he actually had it running, and then it over fueled and compression started to die out, so he decided to open the ignition coil and break it delibertly so it wont start, and sell it has having no spark. and then found some poor sucker on the internet with a report saying it need an ignition coil, gave the story about need cash for a family car, and couldnt afford to fix it, i even paid him a lil more then he wanted

just goes to show scumbags can be found everywhere
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

sure can, So anyone in New Zealand in desperate need of some galant parts? maybe upgrades, im sure someone would be happy to buy the exhaust, 3inch all the way through, sounds really nice i think

well moved on from the galant, and ended up with another mitsi, well the counciller did say to shoot for the stars

TGC Regular
    Just read this thread,
    Right from the start you can tell the turbo's are toast and the compression is well off. Shame when people rip you off like that, human decency is lacking so much these days.

What did you end up with now?
    Also where in NZ are you from?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12