The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: newguy from ROCKLIN CA

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

newguy from ROCKLIN CA

SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE VETERANS AND NEWBIES, MAY WE ALL GET ALONG..
    my 99 galant is my first Mitsubishi. I bought her used she was in the back of a used car lot and yet I just keep geting drawn to her. Yes I know (this dude is on crack) even though her paint job was in bad shape the clear coat was pretty much gone on the hood and roof, I read some where that the black 99 galants had trouble with the clear coat coming up. she was the best car i test drove that day and i dove probably an even dozen. She has never leaked oil or trans fluid. she hates to be worked on. NO SHE REALLY HATES IT. I had to do the head gasket and water pump and of course the timing and balance shaft belt. i dont know how she didnt throw a rod the fins on the water pump where gone. well in short she's my car and I will keep her as long possible. Today the drive pulley came lose and i dont know if this is something that happens once in a while or if there is somthing else going on that i need to be worried about I sure could use all the advice and suggestion any one has..Thank you all for the warm welcome..Chris Hershberger

Welcome to TGC!

I would venture to say if your pulley came off, it wasn't secured correctly, because I've never heard of it happening with our cars. Other than that, looks like you already have a handle on the maintenance, so once the maintenance is straight, personalize her, make her yours. A paint job will go a long way towards making her look fantastic, and so will a suspension drop and new wheels if she needs it. We can get JDM parts such as tail lights, headlights, bumpers and so on, though only the taillights and rear bumper go on without trimming metal.

Also, if you want to get into performance, the 4-cyl block will mate up with the Evo head, giving you a decent option to make power on our platform. Read some of the build threads to get more information, because that's not our only option and it'd be crazy to go thru it all here. Show us some pics too, no matter how foul the paint is.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Welcome, just know the crank pulley is held on with 4 small bolts (12mm iirc). Make sure they are properly torqued.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

To WETAMUP2KEG..
    Hey my friend thanks for taking the time and helping out a brother from the west coast.
    Man YOU WERE ON POINT ABOUT THE PULLEY, it had separated from the balancer, I was able to pull the pulley off by hand.
    Thank the lord above that's all that happened. I will get some pic of my lady asap. I have swaped out the stock 15's for a set 16's that came off a dodge intrepid, I owned, that alone gave her a more aggressive look. She is a DE model and im trying to install the stock fog lights from an ex. I'd also like to get a stock wing to throw on the trunk lid. I was looking at a throttle body spacier I cant remember the manufactures name, but they claim 22 HP and 18FPT is that BS, or can a spacer really add that much, I'd like to get a bigger throttle body also. One last thing how hard is it to put an EVO head on our plat form?..Thanks againe for getting back to me...Hershman...my email is.. [email protected]

To the RAIDER FAN....RAIDER NATION FOREVER.
    I want thank you for taking the time to read my post and replying back..
    I made sure to torque them down, and in the morning I am going to recheck every thing and make sure all bolts and belts and pulleys are fine and good to go...
    Thank You Hershman....Chris

Haha Raiders will always be my team even when they suck as bad as they have in the past 10yrs. Slowly turning things around, but as the old saying goes "every dog has his day..."
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 03-20-2014 at 01:57 PM

Welcome to the site, Chris!