The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need help choosing suspension!!!

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Need help choosing suspension!!!

So, shortly after I got the G, I noticed the suspension needed replacement badly. I plan on lowering the car and since I need new suspension, I figured this would be a great time to do it. I found KYB Struts, Shocks, and lowering springs for $400 on eBay, does anyone know what to buy and if KYB is a good brand? Thanks!

I have seen that on eBay too. Kyb is a good brand. But I don't know if those springs are any good. I forget what brand the springs were. I too may be interested in this deal if the springs turn out to be decent.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

KYB is good for a mild drop, what springs did you see? How much do they lower?

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    I have seen that on eBay too. Kyb is a good brand. But I don't know if those springs are any good. I forget what brand the springs were. I too may be interested in this deal if the springs turn out to be decent.
    Yeah, I'm new to suspension so I want to see what to buy and what to stay away from haha

Not bad of a product (M2 lowering springs) They are relative new product compared to other lowering springs. Pair wit the KYB it could turn alright.

How long do you think they would be good for? And it says average drop is 2 inches, would that be a noticeable deference? And thanks for the help so far guys!

Yep, that's the exact link. I'm already watching it in my eBay. Lol

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

I'm watching it as well haha

Is anyone on this forum running these?

imho, the gr-2's arent the best shocks/struts for lowering. i had them on my daily when i had tein s-techs on it and after a bit of time my shocks started to blow the seals out. i also daily drove my car and if i could have done it again i would have either bought new kyb agx shocks and the same springs. or with the amount of money youd spend on that just throw in a little more and get a set of coilovers. just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    imho, the gr-2's arent the best shocks/struts for lowering. i had them on my daily when i had tein s-techs on it and after a bit of time my shocks started to blow the seals out. i also daily drove my car and if i could have done it again i would have either bought new kyb agx shocks and the same springs. or with the amount of money youd spend on that just throw in a little more and get a set of coilovers. just my $.02

Thanks for the advice! I kinda figured these arent the best since they're cheap. Lol. I also am looking at coilovers and the cheapest ones I have found are like a grand. Do you know where I can find cheaper ones?

Sent from my IPhone
    using Tapatalk

Cheapest coilovers I have found are Megan Racing EZ street series for $700.

Sent from my IPhone
    using Tapatalk

Those m2 springs go too low for the gr-2's

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Those m2 springs go too low for the gr-2's

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
    Which shocks and struts would go with the m2 springs?

Sent from my IPhone
    using Tapatalk