The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: front lip

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

front lip

i seen a few front lips on galants on here, does anyone have a link to a good front lip

they don't make any "official" lip kits for the 8G, but what a lot of people have been doing is modifying honda & acura lip kits. here's a link of all the ones that would work for our bumpers

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...Front-Lip-Kits

i could be wrong, but the best place to check out would be ebay and such. thats where i found most of them
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

Here's mine with the 2000 mugen integra lip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post

Here's mine with the 2000 mugen integra lip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    did that require any cutting or extending?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You could go with the 9 dollar home depot garage door seal lip like me till you find one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Concepts View Post
    they don't make any "official" lip kits for the 8G, but what a lot of people have been doing is modifying honda & acura lip kits. here's a link of all the ones that would work for our bumpers

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...Front-Lip-Kits

i could be wrong, but the best place to check out would be ebay and such. thats where i found most of them
    Ebay has 2 different Lips that will fit a 8G.

Which lips are those?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Which lips are those?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    x2 we need links
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

Lol
    Last edited by juicejax; 06-23-2014 at 11:57 AM

That's literally exactly what Home Depot sales as garage door sealer for 9 bucks...just foam weather stripping that you tape or even drill into the bottom of your bumper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Ya I was going to say ^ lol

Lips look nice Grim and Jax. Kinda off subject but what window visors do you have Grim?

[IMG][/IMG]

99 civic mugen. heat and pull to fit.

How do you shape that home depot/ eBay "lip" to the bumper? I'd imagine the angles to be a pain to "mold" tape the "lip" down without bunching it up? I know that weather proofing stuff it doesn't exactly bend that way well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bllrmbltz View Post
    How do you shape that home depot/ eBay "lip" to the bumper? I'd imagine the angles to be a pain to "mold" tape the "lip" down without bunching it up? I know that weather proofing stuff it doesn't exactly bend that way well.
    It's actually quite the opposite...super easy...You just have to see for yourself, it's only 9 bucks

Just bought it lmfao! As I thought, I didn't take the bumper off because it just started raining but me and my son where holding it up to it so I can work in the bends and as I thought it bunched up in the back slightly while stretching out the "lip"'s front. I'm guessing it's easier with the bumper cover off? Or cutsmall triangles to let the thicker part bend/mold more flush.

I will admit. Looks pretty damn good tho. That's what I don't like about the A body, the front bumper cover "appears" to be slanting up in the middle while going down on the sides kinda like the back bumper. The extra inch that eh lip provides deff makes it much better visually.