The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Suspension....Lowering springs

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Suspension....Lowering springs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-DROP-SPORT...86c99d&vxp=mtr

Is 2 inches a big drop? Currently on 15s but planning on getting 17 inch rims. Would i have to roll my fenders to make the 17s fit? Would these springs do the job?

2 inch will just about slam the car. Will blow any struts on the market for our application very fast. Would not recommend. Any depending on the specs of the 17's. With an aggressive drop yes, especially after camber correction in the rear.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Give it a year and half even for the finest GR-2 struts only last that long under intense driving conditions. AGX's est. maybe 3 years max.

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    When I was on struts I had kyb gr2 for 2-3yrs on a 2in maybe more drop with no issues running from 15-20in wheels

«Carlos»

Well you guys must have good luck, cause my rears went after about half a year on eclipse springs. The drop height in the rear was stated 1.4", for an eclipse of course. I have agx now. The drop for the fronts were stated 1.6 and they are still going
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 03-23-2014 at 01:13 PM

I have had the s-tech gr-2 combo matched appropriately for the 4 cyl galant (as in not mixing in 8g V6 springs or 3G springs, I have 8G 4cyl springs on 8G 4cyl struts) and its going strong for over 4 years, on 2 different 4cyl 8g's pushing 17's, 18's, and even 20's here and there and a combined 50k+ miles. Come tomorrow bif those GR-2's blow I will buy another set because they have exceeded the expectations of most.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 03-23-2014 at 03:52 PM

2 inch drop on 17s should be fine, as for rolling fenders, it all depends on the width and offset of your wheels and tire sizes. If you're not doing an aggressive fitment then I doubt you will need to roll fenders at all.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

i just bought thees not too long ago. i was going to put them on the factory struts but i started taking them off an i got one rear one of and the second rear one would not come off for nothing. so i havent put them on yet. i plan on getting some new struts and cutting the old ones off. and im not sure on my rim size, ther the factory rims on a gtz.