The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone running brembos with staggered wheels?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Anyone running brembos with staggered wheels?

So I have some wheels coming at the end of the month hopefully and I'm debating if I can run brembos with them. Specs on the wheels is 18x8 +38 front 18x9 +43 rear. Now do I have to run +35 offset for brembos? The wheels are flat face 3 piece and I'm dropped probably 3+ inches. Wondering if it's worth the trouble to put brembos. It's a cosmetic thing I'm envisioning.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

17x8.5/9.5 work vsxx with brembos
    You should be ok, might potentially need a small spacer up front
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Okay so the rears have more room to play with, just the fronts are where most clearance issues come from.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

i had to run a +20 offset on my rota grids in order to clear my front brembos.

Damn that's what I'm fearful of, all I have is pictures to go by so I probably won't know til they show up. Worse comes to worse I can relip them but that's just adding up the cost of these wheels. Damn wheels cost more than what my car is worth lol

just ask yourself this.....have you seen them on an evo with the same size/offset rims? if they have the same type of rim but they run a lower offset then your answer is no they will not fit with brembos. most likely the +43 wont work but depending on the rim the +35 might. i have seen some rims that were higher offset than +20 fit but they were flat face unlike my grids which are concave.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...9-5&highlight=

heres a thread i made a while back, if you go almost to the bottom of the first page theres a few members on here with higher offset like around +40 in there that have brembos and no issues.

just because it fits an evo doesn't mean it will fit the galant. Yes if they fit an evo they will clear the brembos, but if they are too wide your going to scrub. I had to have +10mm spacer to the front of my 18x8+30 to clear the brembos.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I've got 17x8.5's up front with a +35 offset, my wheels are staggered backwards of what you are talking about, but it clears the brakes, and with some messaging of the fender wells it clears 255's all the way around.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

I'm basically not trying to poke, just sit flush. I can't really rely in checking evos around here since everyone I've seen is running +30 or less and I have yet to see anyone locally with my new wheels. Everyone's mostly on advans/enkei/volk 1piece wheels, with pulled fenders. I've wanted to keep it a secret, but I have bbs lm's coming in a week. I'll be sticking to 225/40/18. As for ride height, currently I have no finger gap in front, just enough for tires to clear fender on turns, rears I am tucking tire when in load. I'm not too concerned with fender issues since I can pull a little to clear, but if u have any insight with galants/evos running bbs at my ride height and clearing brembos would be nice. I don't plan on using spacers, I have a fear of using spacers.

BBS LMs are bitch to clear brembos. Should have led with that, 20 offset is the minimum I've seen on evos if I recall correctly, just wait and see and test fit.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D