The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Transmission Issue 4cly 02

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar

Transmission Issue 4cly 02

Hey All

I recently replaced my transmission with a JY transmission (first mistake lol) but from what I was advised it came off a vehicle with about 12k miles...long story short I had it installed(mechanic removed pan said it was very clean) and on my first test drive it stayed 3rd gear the whole time. We ran codes and came up with P0753 Shift Solenoid Malfunction for A,B,and C,I had the vehicle towed back to my place and I scrubbed down all the connectors on the tranny assuming that maybe they had be corroded from sitting in the yard. It will start in the first and after a hard shift will go to 2nd,and stay in 3rd. Is it safe to say the solenoids maybe frozen from sitting so long in the yard or did I pickup a bad tranny?

I took it to a "reputable" shop where they attempted to sell me a complete rebuild and after questioning there troubleshooting they were unable to provide me codes or substantial reason as to why there is mechanical failure.

Well the solenoids are what make the car shift so if you didn't hear or feel any grinding noises or anything like that I would assuming that they are bad. BUT what year did the tranny come out of? AND WHY DIDN"T YOU GO FIVE SPEED?! lol I had to

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant