The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Recent changes to TGC

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Icon4 Recent changes to TGC

Hello all,

I wanted to take a few minutes and write up some information about some of the changes that have been taking place at TGC recently so that everyone is in the loop.

As some of you may have noticed (especially the more senior members), there were recently some advertisements added to the site that were not there before. This is because I have officially taken over the responsibility of paying for the operating costs of the website. VegasMatt has decided to step down from this role for personal reasons, however he still owns the rights to the site and is still actively administering it.

Over the past few years, I have invested quite a few hours and some late nights into keeping the site running smoothly and improving the overall user experience, the results of which are often blind to the users. Although I don't personally own a Galant, I feel a certain attachment to TGC and the great people I've met here, so I told him I would take over the responsibility of paying for the server. After all the work that myself and the rest of the staff (thank you to ALL of you) have put into the site, it would be a shame to see it handed off to new management or to have it simply cease to exist.

TGC is the #1 resource for Mitsubishi Galants on the Internet. It has a great history and wealth of information about not only Galants, but other related Mitsubishi platforms as well. Although the activity has slowly declined over the years (many Internet forums are giving way to social networking sites like Facebook), TGC still provides something that social networking currently does not: searchable, organized discussions where knowledge is shared and ideas are created. This alone was reason enough for me to step in and keep TGC alive.

I feel as though the number and the placement of the advertisements I have added to the site are reasonable and they don't interfere too much with the useability of the site. It is not my intention to make a profit from them; I just wanted to introduce a way to recoup some of the operating costs and costs of making improvements to the site. Contributing members (such as administrators, moderators, vendors and patrons) will not see the advertisements. I thank you all for your continued help and support. Now that my dollar is on the line, I will be doing everything I possibly can to keep the site running smoothly and provide the best user experience possible.

As a result of the changes, I have decided to run a sale on TGC Lifetime Member subscriptions throughout the month of April. I will be offering them at half price ($25 instead of the normal $50). Becoming a liftetime patron means you will never see an advertisement on TGC as long as I'm in charge. Plus you'll get access to a whole slew of extra features.

In preparation of this, I have gone through and updated all Patron statuses to reflect the current active subscriptions. If you feel as though your Patron status was removed in error, please contact me and I will do everything I can to fix it.

I am excited about the changes coming to TGC. Mitch (Galant306m) and I are actively working on fixing the dark theme and making improvements to it. I will also be revamping the vendor program to make it more streamlined with vBulletin 4. We are also going to work on bringing the Garage feature back to TGC

I would like to take this opportunity to ask a favor of all of you. Please take a couple minutes to thank VegasMatt for everything that he has done for TGC and the community. He stepped in when TGC needed it the most, and without him, TGC would likely not be here today.
    We love you, Matt

Thank you all for your continued support of TGC. I will post a thread tomorrow when the April prices are live. In the meantime, please resist the temptation to use ad-blocking software while browsing TGC. The future of the site may depend on it

Your friend,
    Rob
    Last edited by Voodoo; 03-31-2014 at 11:05 PM

Thanks Rob for all of your help with the site, without you this thing would have been gone a while ago.

Guys Please take the time if you read this thread to just thank Rob for stepping up and taking over the bills of this site, without him we would have been shut down a few months ago.

Also would like to extend my love to Matt, he has been taking care of this site for years, but with some things in his personal life he doesn't have the time to take care of the site any longer.
    Rob and I are committed to making sure that this is the best place for Galant information. We are also very open to new ideas on how to make the site better. The fluid dark theme will be fixed shortly, I have been working hard going through the code (recent update broke it) trying to re adjust it, this takes time as VB has its own propitiatory language. We will update when its back up.

Thanks again to everyone involved with keeping this place open

Here's to the future of TGC lets keep it alive!
    Last edited by Galant306m; 03-31-2014 at 11:33 PM

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Thanks Rob for taking over the site while my health is in the crapper. I am glad the site is in good hands and I know Rob and Mitch will do a great job handling the site from here on out. Much love to all of you guys for your kind words that you have sent to me on here and on FB while I go through fighting my cancer.
    Love,
    Matt

Im sorry to hear about your health problems Matt, keep your chin up brother.

Also, I thank you for keeping TGC alive for all these years and hopefully many more to come.

Voodoo, you're the man bro for keeping the site running and operational. I hope more members sign up so you have the resources to keep the site up.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

We <3 you, Matt!

Thanks for keeping TGC up and running, Rob!

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

thanks for the update and thanks for keeping TGC up and running.. Matt, best of luck to you and just stay positive, im sure it isn't easy but we will be here to help you through it any way we can

-Danny
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Ally and her whip a day helps keep the drama away!

Hope you do well vegasmatt! also thanks for taking over voodoo!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

TGC is hands down the best Galant resource on the web. I would not still be driving my original G (284K miles and counting) but for the advice and assistance I have found on this site. Hang tough Matt, EKSZ
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

I'm sorry to hear Matt, keep fighting and try to keep your good spirits!

Great Job on the site guys! It certainly does feel improved compared to a few months ago.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse