The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Should I?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 47

Should I?

Have a chance to buy this. Kind of excited. Not a fan of Eclipses but this is my boys dream car.

That's pretty cool, I never knew those existed. How much they want for it.

is it just me or is the front kinda too low compared to the rear? more than likely just me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

Experienced TGC Member
    Looks like the ground has a dip and the wheel is in it and made the front bumper look like It sitting low. But I could be wrong.

They swapped a 3kgt vr4 motor in? awd?
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

The ground does have a dip in it. It is awd but it the motor out of a 7g gallant vr4. I think that's the one with the 2L TT.

Thats actually pretty cool, very unique swap. Is auto or stick?

what's the asking price, if it's a good price I'd get it, the exhaust pipe is dented good. The engine is from a VR4 Galant, it's a sign to get it.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Why are you on here asking us questions when you should be acquiring this vehicle? Go get your car dude!

Seriously, if you're in the position to get it and don't mind getting your hands dirty to keep it running in top condition, I'd get it!!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

It is an auto and the price is right as it is a family members car but funds are kinda an issue right now. The amount of work that went into this thing is unreal. We were supposed to sit down and talk about it yesterday but between doing the suspension on my Galant and them having to get to a play, we never had time to discuss the parameters of my son getting the car. Hopefully we will talk soon and I can get some more pics and a video of it. I think its pretty wicked.

Whoa! That's crazy, & it's here in Iowa?!

Yeah, here in Iowa. Its actually my wifes daughters car (don't ask). She got bored with the stock motor so she asked her husband to come up with something different so he found an entire front clip from a vr4 down in Texas in 05/06 and started swapping. Took probably 10 months or so to finish because he always has so many other crazy projects going on and one of the turbos blew and it took like 6 months to get new ones. Once it was running, she wanted a custom interior so he started pulling and painting everything and had all the fabric wrapped in leather with mitsu emblems embrodered. Its still has some work to go on it but I think they are ready to move on to some of his other projects.

As of right now I should have this in about 2 weeks or so. I was wondering if any of the international 7g guys could chime in and give me any advice on anything more I should do to the engine. It has a greedy bov aftermarket boost controller and the turbos off an 8g vr4. I was looking at RPW and I saw they had forged pistons and headers but I'm not sure if those were for the n/a motor or what. Thanks for any advice.

http://
    Finally was able to get it after 3 months of nonsense.

nice, can you take some pics of the engine from underneath the car
    Last edited by Black8GV6; 07-15-2014 at 09:57 PM
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Yeah but I may not get to it today. And I don't have a lift so I can't get it to high so if there's anything specific let me know so I can try to get better pics.

Oh, I asked about the dent in the exhaust that you mentioned (if you are referring to the one on top of the motor in the front of the bay) and that's the way all of these motors come stock.

Whenever you get a chance, doesn't have to be right away. Glad the pipes aren't damaged. Also some videos would be nice too, but whenever you get a chance.
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Holy balls! You should bring that thing to the All-Mitsu Cookout and Car Show in August. White Bear Mitsubishi is the location in White Bear Lake, MN.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast