The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Should I?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 47
    pretty sick
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Sorry about killing the pics. I put everything in folders and didn't realize it would take them away. I can redo them if anybody wants me too.

Uh, yeah!!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Thanks for the pictures, sooooo how good does it feel when you smash the gas pedal down?
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

That's what I wanna know too! Got Vid of it Rollin?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

How does it feel when I smash the pedal? If I could describe it I'd say it feels like an older trubo diesel truck. It slowly gains speed then the turbos kick in about 3500-4000 rpm. But its not a fast car by any means it just sounds fast as it has a 4" exhaust. Was told it needs a tune as its just running on the stock JDM ecu. Once I get how to tune it out of the way, I'm wanting to get everything ported and polished as I've read that does a lot on this motor. Its really just a conversation starter with most people telling me that its a GSX wasted. I will say everybody was real cool up at the All Mitsu Cookout. Not one person gave me grief and one gentleman said he was going to do the same thing. And I do have video but I don't have a YouTube account. Can I just post them to my photobucket and people watch them in there?

Here is a couple pics my son found of the car online from the All Mitsu Cookout back in Aug. Don't know who took them but my son loves the second one.

And hopefully these vids work

That was a good day. It was nice meeting you at the cookout. The car looked and sounded great.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Thanks M-Rod. It was an awesome experience and got to meet a lot of awesome people. Can't wait to head up again next year and hopefully MOD as well. Wish I lived closer. Everything you and Justin got going on as well as the whole scene in general up there is so inviting and accepting. My son wants to move up there because he thinks we could hang out with everybody and always be working on a car or be around "cool" cars. He came home from school the other day and had these 2 pics stored on his chromebook. Has no idea where he found them just he was supposed to be researching a project but instead was showing off his car to his friends. Had to take in his 2nd place award in the next day as well. Oh well, atleast he seems to care about something now so I have something to hold as leverage when he screws off at school. Cars were the farthest thing from my mind at 10.

We do enjoy hanging out with like-minded, good people and you're welcome to hang out anytime you're in town. It's cool to see your son taking pride in a very enjoyable hobby. He seemed pretty excited to be around the cars that day from what I remember. Justin and I do stay very busy, it's pretty fun actually. Tonight at Buffalo Wild Wings, we planned out a trip to Illinois and Wisconsin to install a couple more sets of his custom designed cams into a couple of V6 Eclipses. Never a dull moment up here.

On a side note, I noticed in another picture you still had the stock throttle body on the Galant. Have you looked at installing a Diamante throttle body since you have the Diamante plenum?
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Yes I did look into it. I've been checking the junkyards every time I go but I've only ever seen one Diamante and it had a crack in the throttle body. And to be honest I've completely forgotten about it. Now that you've refreshed my memory i start looking again.

Need some opinions on brakes. Need new rotors for the the eclipse and my son is hell bent on cross drilled. Tried talking him out of them but he wants the cool rotors for his show car so I figured I'd give in because the car never gets run hard. Been looking at Baer, Power Stop, and Stop Tech. Had plenty of friends back in the day that swore by Baer. Seen plenty of people talk highly of Power Stop. I'm leaning more towards the Stop Tech because they are made by Centric and from reading up on Club3g several people there say they are awesome. Not really sure what to get as I've always just got OEM replacements. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Personally I've run Power Stop on both my Hyundai and my first Galant, great brakes. A bit noisy as the slots (if so equipped) scrape against the pad as you're slowing down, giving you a distinct sound, but very effective at braking. If using the ceramic pads they come with, they have great initial bite. It required me to change how I brake because they grab so quickly. You have to ease gently into them, else the front end will squat significantly as they quickly slow the car down. Hope this helps!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

the power stop or stop techs aren't drilled as far as Im aware. I have had both and I don't recall them having that option. With that said both are great rotors and matching a set of pads is sometimes tricky. Most people get hi-performance pads thinking its gonna stop them better which it may if they were late braking light to light doing a buck20 but I don't think most people go all out like that.

Honestly if I were to do the brakes on my dd (which I never do myself ironically) I would just go to my favorite parts store and ask for the best they got, I can work with that.
    Last edited by xd_01; 01-29-2015 at 07:00 AM

Disks are disks. Unless you're going carbon ceramic or multi-piece high end stuff...as far as performance goes cheap stuff is just fine.

If you want a certain aesthetic, you'll be fine with pretty much whatever brand. Pads are more important by a huge margin.

Thanks for the replies. The 3 sets I'm looking at are all drilled and slotted. I do remember them making extra noise in my friends car but its got to be better noise than what I've got now. The car sits so much that they rusted and pitted. Also these sets come with matched pads so I hope I'm good there. Think about going Power Stop. They are the cheapest of the 3 sets and 2 of you guys vouch for them. Now that that's figured out, its on to what I should do next to it. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast