The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 3G ecu on 8g

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

3G ecu on 8g

Hey guys, is it possible to take an ecu from a 3G and put it in an 8g I mean there there the same engines (4g64) rite? So it should be possible.

And can you tune it? Or do they already have the same ecu and I'm just trippin lls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can but you need the immobilizer deleted on the new computer so the car will start. Also the try to match up the same year, I believe the speed input/output sensor changed on the galant in 2002 and another sensor, the cam reluctor? You can have your ecu tuned.

EDIT: Just see what galantman said, I forgot I have a harness to hook up my eclipse ecu
    Last edited by Black8GV6; 04-02-2014 at 11:31 PM
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

just so you know its not plug and play. long story short: the evo 8 ecu and the eclipse ecu connectors are the same, the wiring is different between those two. the 8g ecu connectors are different then the eclipse ecu and evo 8 ecu. You have to use evo connectors on the eclipse/evo ecu.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

OP didn't specify if he is planning to swap a 3g auto ecu or a 3g manual ecu, they are different. If you are swapping for a 3g auto and yours is still working it is not necessary to swap, just get yours tuned, if you are swapping a 3g manual ecu/evo 8 ecu because you are 5 spd/turbo now then galantman03's post is what you needed to know.

4g64T 5spd

Yea I'm ganna keep it auto for now I just got an extra head ported and I wanted to make sure I can tune it before I put them on. How would I go about tuning it? I thought the 8g ecu were not tunable

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

You would need to get a Tactrix cable, Evoscan, EcuFlash and talk to members Isaurio or Ivory8g, where are you from maybe there are other members in your state with the cables etc.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 04-06-2014 at 06:02 PM

4g64T 5spd

Oh wow okay, I'm in Woodbridge va