The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just my luck

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Just my luck

I went out earlier tonight to move my car and found a bullet hole in the hood of my car. I guess I have a reason for my name on here now, or maybe I should change it to SilverBulletHole02. I though I'd post this for the irony and a few laughs at my expense.

Last edited by silverbullet02; 04-07-2014 at 09:30 PM
    -Casey

02 Galant ES 2.4
    91 Plymouth Laser RST

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

That sucks, did it hit anything on inside the engine bay?

4g64T 5spd

No, that's what I was worried about. When I raised the hood I heard the bullet roll out from somewhere, and could not find a hole underneath. It just went through the outer layer of the hood by one of the support braces or where it's double layered I guess. I will take the fire mat off and check tomorrow in the light. I already drove it to make sure it's all good, and everything is normal.
    -Casey

02 Galant ES 2.4
    91 Plymouth Laser RST

Looks like a random bullet that's been fired in the air. Shit luck dude.

Yea that's what it was. I'm just glad it didn't go completely thru and hit anything underneath. Bad luck but I'm just happy it is not worse, could have been a lot worse.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
    -Casey

02 Galant ES 2.4
    91 Plymouth Laser RST

Wtf!? I would be so mad lol.

The irony though xD

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You must live in the hood.

I was mad as hell at first, but once I saw it didn't completely go through the hood I calmed down. I could live with that rather than replacing a windshield or something else it could have done.

My neighborhood is across the street from low income housing. So random crap like this happens here and there.
    -Casey

02 Galant ES 2.4
    91 Plymouth Laser RST

Experienced TGC Member
    WTF!!! See now you have the real deal instead of one of those bullet hole stickes!! xD.. J K DOOD.. That really sucks. DId you take it in to get fingeprinted? Make them pay for a new hood!

Hell yea! Real battle wounds! My neighbor told me I should call it in, so I did, and all the cop did was take a report and told me to keep the bullet as a souvenir maybe this little hole is a good enough reason to replace the hood with an aftermarket one. And if that catches a bullet I'm firing back Jk.
    -Casey

02 Galant ES 2.4
    91 Plymouth Laser RST

One of my coworkers had a lawn chair of his taken out by falling bullets, that shit is dangerous. Glad no one was hurt, but damn the hood fucked up your hood lol!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

MURRRICAAA... u guys can keep ure cheap coilovers and flying bullets im safe here
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Damn that is crazy, and yes really dangerous. Just shoot into the ground, and still look like a thug. Haha yea the hood fucked up my hood. That's a good one!

Cheap coilovers are for suckers. And the flying bullets just prove idiots nearby haven't learned the most important rule of owning a firearm: gun control. I'm sure that happens in a lot more places then good ol' merica
    -Casey

02 Galant ES 2.4
    91 Plymouth Laser RST

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I live in a small hick ass town and I found a .40 s&w hollow point cratered into my driveway. Good thing the Galant stays in a big ass industrial buildings storage, things impervious to a tornado (thing took a direct hit a number of years ago).

This is what I hate about wanna be gang bangers, you aren't 'hard' with your .22 pistol, that's what I shoot when I feel cheap or want to teach someone who's never shot before. You aren't cool wasting ammo at a range, let alone shooting in the air in a neighborhood, cool people hit their targets (and hopefully better then the police have lately).
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

just keep the hood, now you have a heat vent
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

True, that's gotta be worth a few horses with all that hot air being pulled out of the engine bay. Haha. I will end up bondo/fiber glassing it this weekend. The car could use a good paint job in the near future.

And you got that right 6G72gearhead.
    -Casey

02 Galant ES 2.4
    91 Plymouth Laser RST