The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: rear strut help

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

rear strut help

so i just bought some lowering springs. for my 2001 gtz 6cyl. and while they are on there way my dad started to take off the struts so when i pick up my car we just got to put them on and get it alined. oh yeah it is at my dads and that is 2h away. he has a nice garage and he is replacing the control arms and tie rods. but any way i am going to go help him work on it this weekend. and he was saying that they are really had to get out. he said he got one in the rear out and the other rear one doesn't want to come out. my question to you is, is there any like tips or tricks to get it out or i was wondering if he was doing it wrong.

Its extremely typical. Every Galant and Eclipse that I've removed the rears on thus far, has needed the rear struts cut out.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

ohh wow. that sucks i hope that we can get them out becuz i dont want/have the mone for new struts right now.....

How are they stuck? the upper or the lower attachment? for my lower I used a rubber hammer and had to tap the strut off the lower control arm. I have a FLA car so no rust
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

yeah we ended up giving up on it for now. but it was stuck at the bottom we beat the crap out of it with a rubber mallet and we tried using a pickle fork and hitting it at the bottom where its connected. so i will probably wait until i get some new struts so that we can cut them out.

quick question what is some cheap decent struts. (the car is my daily driver)

^^^ Kyb

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk