The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front Lower Control Arm Bushing

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Front Lower Control Arm Bushing

Quick question for anybody that's done the prothane swap. I've search and I'm a little confused about which front kit to use. I ordered the 00-05 V6 eclipse complete kit but upon reading up on club 3g, this kit comes with the wrong front lower control arm bushing. It comes with 13-203 but from what I've read I should use 13-205 because 13-203 is for the old style control arm. I also read that you can make the old one work, but if so, how?

Prothane's kit is for the old style V6 control arms, Energy Suspensions kit covers everything post mid 01 and up. There is a set of four banger control arms that do not have a prothane option.

The crappy arms have a rubber bushing that gets strapped to the subframe, no metal retainer. You can't upgrade these in any way (different subframe and all).
    The early V6 arms have a peg that sits in the big bushing but no nut on the end of it, no insulator sleeve. If you have these, use Prothane's kit.
    The late model arms have a nut on the end of the peg that goes through the bushing and a sleeve inside the bushing. If you have these, use Energy Suspension.

Good info man. I did not know about the late model threaded subframe or the 4 banger rubber bushing without a retainer. *Added to my personal knowledge base* lol.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Thanks for the info Silvertune. You were all over the posts I was reading so I appreciate your knowledge.

This is what I got in the kit which look like the old style arm bushing.

This is the Energy one for the new arm???

And this is prothanes bushing for mid 2001-2005

The ES and second prothane kit are for the late model bushings yes, Prothane came out with the second kit literally in the last couple weeks. The first prothane kit is for the early model arms.

Look under your car at the large rear bushing for the control arm, it will tell you which kit you need to get.