The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mesh grill?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 40

mesh grill?

so i saw a video on youtube of someone putting a mesh grill in. so also saw one on here after i thought about it an i thought it looks sweet. so what i was wondering is witch type of mesh would you guys think would look best on my 01 gtz. i was thanking a smaller hex mesh. also do you guys know a cheap place to get it. i saw it on amazon for about 15-20$. also my car is all blacked out so i was going to go with black mesh.

Home Depot metal gutter mesh, $3.00 a sheet and its a little bigger than you need. Then put a couple coats of black paint
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

That is exactly what i did, went with flat black paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    Home Depot metal gutter mesh, $3.00 a sheet and its a little bigger than you need. Then put a couple coats of black paint
    what he said! depending on where you go, you can actually find the gutter guard mesh already painted in black as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Concepts View Post
    what he said! depending on where you go, you can actually find the gutter guard mesh already painted in black as well!
    yep thats that i did. also is there a faster way to trim out the grill pieces? ive got about 5 out and that took about 2h with a drimal.

Quote Originally Posted by bigk1121 View Post
    yep thats that i did. also is there a faster way to trim out the grill pieces? ive got about 5 out and that took about 2h with a drimal.
    I wish I could give information on that but I'm still figuring that out as well. Work has been stopping me from actually working on it!

Sent from my Nokia 3310
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

use heavy duty scissors to cut them (wear gloves)

x2^ Tin Snips work great, especially if you bought the heavy duty Gutter Guard. It will tear up your hands.. I'm sure you can use the black plastic one too, but I've only used the metal.

Easy way to do it, cut the general shape of the grille. Enough so it can tuck into the back side. Line up the Clip brackets and cut a small square for them to fit.
    I usually just cut a flap for those brackets, and bent the mesh onto it. Then globbed 2 part epoxy on top of it. No zip ties and you couldn't see it from the front.

I might be on my way to a mesh grille. Painted it for now but I'm going to use my angle grinder in a few days and see how it looks bare first.

I used cutting pliers to cut the mesh, worked really good
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

when I was working my hood over I used a plasma cutter for the expanded metal XD works really well if you've got access to one

anyone know anything else like the gutter mesh that's about 40"x18"? looking for some to use on my evo bumper and the gutter mesh isn't tall enough, don't wanna tack it together either because I feel like it will either look like crap or take WAY to much time to weld and smooth it over...found some on ebay but would rather buy locally and be able to see it first...make sure the holes are right and everything
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/161291276210...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/161228992007...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    I am working on a grill now, that helps a lot

ima try to finish mine today. like i said i cut off like 5 fins in 2 hours lol. once im done ill update with pictures.

so i started on it and got all of the fins out. the fastest way i was able to do it with that i had was too, make a quick cut in the back of all of them with a dremel. Next i took some of the snips that come with almost every tool kit and just cut them out. it took a bit of pressure to cut thru them but wasnt to hard. next i took the dremel and sanded down the nubs that was left. i stopped there for today because the mesh was too hard to cut thru with the snips that i had, also i lost my glue that i was going to use to fasten it down.

Any pictures anyone has of finished product?

I am about to finish my grille. All I have to do is buy spray paint and gutter guard :)

Here's the process how i did mine through photos

The long process of cutting out the fins with a dremel

After all the fins have been cut out

Plastic primer applied for paint prep

Final product before install and after install

It was a bit time consuming but all in all it was worth it, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Last edited by DarkTower89; 10-08-2014 at 08:31 AM

How did you cut the fins out? I didn't think it took that long honestly...
    I used a saw blade and notched it

Then twisted them off and sanded them down with a different attachment

And the rest pretty well followed suit:

Just painted the part where I sanded/cut everything although I think I'm gonna end up widening the black area because I feel like there should be a little more to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast