The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eurovision HID "like" headlights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

Eurovision HID "like" headlights

Never tried Eurovision but I've tried several other brands like Optilux, Nokya, and Silverstars and had good luck. But at 8k with regular bulbs you probably wont be able to see anything at night. I've tried 10k and couldn't see anything then switched to 8k and didn't notice a difference so i threw them away. Even with real HIDS I couldn't make out stuff with 8k's. I believe you begin to loss "useful" light above 4500k. It would be more for show than anything but some people don't have any problems going that high. Oh and they tend to die faster as well. Hope this helps.

Do you know if I could find something like this in the 4.5 to 6k range

Honestly if your looking for a "good" colored bulb, you won't have much luck. You might as well buy HIDS so can get the color your looking for and still have some what usable light when you travel at night.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

havent tried those before. i have the silverstar zxe's installed now, they're pretty good! they give you that white headlight look. but i'd go hid if you want colored bulbs like homie Carl said!
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

If you're gonna pay $15 for "Dem Blue Shitz" as opposed to HID $40 shipped, then whatever floats your boat.

lol we use to rock "dem blu shitz" back in the day before there were hid kits on the market, on when they did come out they were $500. The kits are so cheap now I don't see HOW you could pass them up over these "dem blu shitz" bulbs.

I had 8k HIDs on my black 8g... headlights and fogs. I didn't have an issue seeing anything until it would rain. Wet pavement was difficult to see for sure

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    HID $40 shipped
    ayee mn can you link me to set around that price? i am still to see em at that price anywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

EBay man!

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Fuck those blue bulbs period.

1. They are painted which reduce visibility.

2. They run higher wattage than what the headlight wiring can handle to make up for their lack of output resulting in melted harnesses, burned bulbs and fuses.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Xentec HID kits on ebay are around $30...decent output.

And sometimes even melted shrouds and headlight housings.

Ok thanks everyone...ill stay from these shits...anther question though...if I did go hid at about 6k...would it not look good if I tinted my heads...I have a black g and wanna go for a all black/stealth type look

I would not tint my headlights period. Regardless of how "cool" it looks, it reduces visibility severely. Best I'd do is get some 2002-2003 headlights since they have the black shrouds instead of the chrome, but leave your lenses clear.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I agree. The 02-03 heads look way better. Or do the after marked heads that are black. Don't tint them.

Dont tint your headlights. Its like driving with sunglasses on at night. Greg said it first, black housings. Maybe tint the turn signal but that's about it.

Dont risk safety for "cool" points. Then again, your car, your decision.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Agreed. check the for sale thread. I got 02-03 heads for sale. Brand new. Juss sayin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell, I must have missed that one too

I have a 03 Galant.... black shrouds?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast