The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g64 to 6g72 swap [blackmamba]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34

4g64 to 6g72 swap [blackmamba]

IBeen in cleveland, Ohio for bout a year for work now n my tranny finally blew..
    after 10 years of grandma driving i finally took over the Galant put headers and a true CAI on her and drove it to cali where my other home is n back to ohio n im bouta drive back home to LA next month, ive been drivin it like i stole it JUST to blow my tranny just to put a stick in her, sooooo i actually found a 6g72 engine and trans round my area for 7, so its time to do my swap by meow aaaaand i got a month to drive back to LA for my smog^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 00LeibyRacing; 04-21-2014 at 12:56 PM

2kGblackONblack4g64

Good luck man and keep the pics coming. Is the 6g72 going to be manual?
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

There will be updates as i go, dont trip(;

2kGblackONblack4g64

Quote Originally Posted by pernir View Post
    Good luck man and keep the pics coming. Is the 6g72 going to be manual?
    Absolutely

2kGblackONblack4g64

I have to ask the question, why???

You are going to have to change out the ecm and wiring. I don't know the details of the conversion but I knew a guy that did do the 4g64 to 6g74 swap successfully. It was no walk in the park.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Wiring, front subframe, the already trailer park jacked up shit that car is, the list goes on.

Based on the nature of the vehicle given the pictures the OP is an idiot, and this won't happen.

Move along folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    Wiring, front subframe, the already trailer park jacked up shit that car is, the list goes on.

Based on the nature of the vehicle given the pictures the OP is an idiot, and this won't happen.

Move along folks.
    I think ppl are alowd to do what the f they want to do with the things that they have. if the op wants to spend his time and money on this i say go for it.. sure there are wiser options but im not one to judge
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Dude what is that shit under the shifter console? Is that broken rust particles, rat feces, blunt crumbles, what is that?

You can PM Dion (deeznutz) and ask him what all he did, but I highly doubt you'll get an answer. If you have a good motor, go on and get that 5-spd swap and save yourself the hassle bro. Really trying to look out here. You can do it, but your best bet is to have a V6 shell with you to grab parts from and reference for rewelding of the frame, and for all that you might as well just buy a V6. Good luck either way.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Move along folks.
    Cold.

Agreed.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 04-21-2014 at 03:26 PM

Move along folks.
    LOLOL thanks for the haterness.
    Yall are quick to shut shit down, everything is custom, fuck being original. Its about having fun doing it, Idgaf what any1 thinks, i just thought it would be funny to see what TGC had to say about my shit, im happy. Regardless. Lol yall hopeless, thats why theres no car meets or shit for our Galants. Once a year or twice MAYBE is wack as f. There should be more galants but you are quick to shut shit down. But im stubborn. I aint bouta just throw my car away cuz your thoughts..

2kGblackONblack4g64

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Dude what is that shit under the shifter console? Is that broken rust particles, rat feces, blunt crumbles, what is that?

You can PM Dion (deeznutz) and ask him what all he did, but I highly doubt you'll get an answer. If you have a good motor, go on and get that 5-spd swap and save yourself the hassle bro. Really trying to look out here. You can do it, but your best bet is to have a V6 shell with you to grab parts from and reference for rewelding of the frame, and for all that you might as well just buy a V6. Good luck either way.
    Shell guts, not rust. Lol.
    And its cool. Ima spend under 1500 for my swap yall just relax and watchh. Im tryin to make this shit work wit the leAst amount of mods. Fuck buyin a v6. Theres no fun in that

2kGblackONblack4g64

Are you selling the 4g64 header?

Good luck on the swap.
    Last edited by Black8GV6; 04-21-2014 at 05:28 PM
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

good luck mayne!!
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

4g64 to 6g72 swap [blackmamba]

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    I have to ask the question, why???

You are going to have to change out the ecm and wiring. I don't know the details of the conversion but I knew a guy that did do the 4g64 to 6g74 swap successfully. It was no walk in the park.
    Yeah im getting all new working ecu n everything, im ready for it.. Its just a lil project my brother n i want to do..
    I already got everything stripped too, i just waitin to post pics yet.. Im just waitin on a lil money atm.
    And im aware of all the other swaps n everything, ive done my research, the 6g72 just kinda fell into my hands the way the deal worked out so ima just roll wit it, it was very convenient for me to just take it instead of wasting time waitin on shipping n shit..

Thanks all for the support though🙌(:

Last edited by 00LeibyRacing; 04-21-2014 at 08:01 PM

2kGblackONblack4g64

I say if you go through all that work, just put a 6a13tt engine in. Better results and not feel like a waste of time converting to something that already exists over here lol.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Especially when the 3.0 is just as worthless a turd as the 4g64.

^lol I love your comments

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Especially when the 3.0 is just as worthless a turd as the 4g64.
    Hey now... The 4g64 just needs a little t on the end and then its a highly polished turd :D
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I see this thread going places, maybe not good places, but potentially entertaining places.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Hey now... The 4g64 just needs a little t on the end and then its a highly polished turd :D
    Well yeah. Which is why swapping to a 3.0 is even more retarded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast