The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Not a Galant owner but hey anyhow!

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Not a Galant owner but hey anyhow!

Hey guys! A buddy of mine just picked up an 8G Galant with a 4G64 so I'm more or less just information gathering here. Certainly not new to Mitsubishi's
    and I hope that I can post some useful info on here as well as glean some info from the sites members! Just for reference, (and to not disappoint to badly that
    I don't own a Galant) here is my "Evo 4 Coupe" build thread.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-sho...n-project.html

I live near Indianapolis, IN so if there's any local guys then hit me up sometime!

Your Evo coupe build is impressive.

That's awesome the evo coupe! Welcome to TGC!

Did you not want to use the RHD parts? I've always thought about buying a front clip and swapping parts over to a USDM shell or even welding the front clip onto the USDM car.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Thanks for the kind words! I had everything to do the RHD swap, but I didn't really want this car to be RHD as it's
    gonna be driven a lot, and left turns and passing become near impossible. The conversion itself isn't too bad though
    as the only fab work involved is drilling the spot welds out on the LHD firewall and rewelding the RHD firewall in it's
    place. A bit of seam sealer and paint and then it's just bolt all the RHD bits up. You'd definitely want to buy a half
    cut if you were going to do it just to get all the miscellaneous hardware and small parts. I'm planning to buy an R32
    GT-R to restore in a few years once they become legal so that'll be my RHD fix haha!

Haha there you go! We will see, if I ever have the itch to actually do it. Nice note on Stewi's build about the evo 5/6 transfer case btw =) Always welcome to new ideas.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Welcome to TGC! Very dope build you have. We welcome your knowledge, feel free to share :)

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Will do! I also have every version of Mitsubishis After Sales Assistant so I can check part numbers and stuff for you guys too.
    I need to get my forum settings fixed so I get emails when there are new posts on my threads here lol.

Welcome to TGC!

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk