The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question about Idle Air Control valves

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Question about Idle Air Control valves

So, long story short, I have a 6g72 throttle body on my 4g64. Recently, my idle is getting a little funky. I used my scan tool and sure enough, Fault Code P0505 came up and it was indeed my IAC. I pulled it out, inspected it, and cleaned it, but it didn't seem to do a whole lot. I still have the IAC from my 4g64 throttle body and was wondering if this IAC would work with the 6g72. They look a tad different on the inside, but they have the same plug and bolt pattern. The inside of the 4g64 is a little shorter and looks a hair different than the 6g72, which is a little longer and different shape. I would assume that the 4g64 IAC would work seeing that it fits and the plugs are the same, but I just wanted to see if anyone had a definite answer before I give it a go.

Thanks guys!

It will not work. I had the same issue myself where I did the 72 swap and had idle issues...threw on the 64 IAC and it was all over the place.
    Grabbed another 72 IAC from the junk yard and it fixed my issue.

So I recommend you find one at the JY, or buy one new. There are aftermarket brands that are like $35 or Mitsu was $100-$200 i believe.

Dang, I had thought so. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!