The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Palmz JDM 8G Galant Pic heavy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 50

Palmz JDM 8G Galant Pic heavy

Bought this for cheap when i sold the bmw, im in school so progress will be slow for a bit.
    The car was sold cheap becoz the manual transmission is faulty ether completely broken or just a simple clutch bearing

Info about the car
    Its a 2000 Model
    2.0l Manual :D
    driven 174 thousand KM

NOTE a bunch of picz in this thread are just to show you whats diffrent with the jdm like pics of fuse boxes and so on.

I think its safe to say that im the only member with bot JDM and USDM galants at the same time so im when im fiddling with the car i can dell what will and wont fit the usdm car

bought it like this didnt start becos the fuel pump wouldn't run then it magically reapers it self

quik wash

I will admit this the only reason i bought the car now is becoz i was given a chance to rip out a leather interior out of a jdm and i just couldn't pass that up but i had nothing to put it in so i bought the car ( it had bin on sale for a couple of months now)

trolly full of interior shit

Im not going to be using all of it since i want to blend more black with the tan interior.

My Baby g and the new one

here is a pic of the old interior

I noticed that if you would buy jdm or eudm interior for a usdm galant you would have to fabricate the bolt on points for the rear seats the front seats would fit tough
    also the jdm rear seats tilt forvard like this unlike the usdm wich only tilts one back

arm rest and head rest LUXURY

fronts with center console installed

i could have changed out the stock in between the doors for a tan one but i found this to be a little more stylish

also here is a little known fact.. the tweeters on the mirrors are bigger than the usdm ones also mid range tweeter in stock speakers

little things like this that show the car is built with a bit more attention to detail than the usdm ones plastic cap over the screw in the door holder thingy

now to a thing i find verry annoying about the car if you notice the seats, The center line isnt centered you arent suppose to sit centered in it like the usdm car but im a big man and for me it feels as so the steering wheel is a bit to the right witch annoys the fk out of me i like sitting and driving my usdm car much more... i dont know how to say it but it just fits better..

also the leather door cards are more tight on the usdm galant which i like not flappy like in the jdm.. .... ( I like my door card like I like my women tight)

fuse boxes are different

Engien bay verry welcoming of a vr4 swap ;P

Now to the thing i HATE most about this car.. you cant google shit about it most of the results especially the top ones on google only show USDM cars and when im trying to look for something that is not the same in both car its a bitch and yes i tried to type JDM or eudm stuff like that, and the forum community sucks verry inactive

also the jdm and the eudm galants seem to be more prone to rust than the us spec i noticed this a while ago driving around i would notice the galants and soon be able to recognize from far away if it was jdm or usdm just by the big front bumper on the us spec car. rust on the jdm and eudm cars is always on the fender around the wheel but the usdm cars seem to only have rock chips on the hood there are exceptions of course.
    This car is a bit rusty and dinged to make it onehunded i would have to buy me some front fenders front bumper fog lights drivers side door and fix the rear fenders

PLZ READ THIS: i need to know how to open the drivers side door its stuck closed and i really dont want to ruin the inner door panel my guess is that the metal rod that goes to the handles got loose when i was installing the door card or something
    any awnsers to this as quik as posible would be nice

I hope you guys enjoy this project as much as i do
    Last edited by Palmz; 04-27-2014 at 07:19 PM
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

For the driver door, the inside handle isn't working at all? Best bet without ruining anything is probably taking the screw out of the inner door handle and seeing where the pull rod is disconnected and try to get it re-attached.

I'm jealous you get to choose from either USDM or JDM! That's awesome.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Haha thank you. But im sure its the mechanism ive alredy taken it out and the motor is stuck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

i got the door panel of and was able to remove the locking mechanism then i just disconnected the motor from the rest of the mechanism and now i can close and open the door again

Few more pix and some videos

need the brake light for the spoiler.... not sure about the spoiler tho what do you guys think?

Here is a video of a start up. u can hear the bearing noise in the gearbox and it goes when i push the clutsh at about 24 sec mark
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Who would want this? I think ive seen someone put the shifter knob on a usdm
    I also have 3 chrome jdm door handels

2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Your video sounds like a throw out bearing like you are thinking.

Also post your items in the for sale section =) We love JDM stuff. I already have chrome handles though.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Yeah I will I just have to get some shiping rates first if anyone could tell me a couple zip codes I could try to gibe you guys an idea of how much the shiping is that would be great

2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Sneak peek at what's to come ; P

2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

I started the dreadful procedure of getting the bearing out of the transmission

Well this is how it all starts isnt it?

Every little thing was rusted stuck the brake rotor it self took way to long to get of.

shifter cables you can see that the bushing is torn to shits
    but at this moment its more important to fix the gearbox and put it back together. worry about the rest later

Hover car

Much better than hover cat

As suspected input shaft bearing. found allot of little peaces floatin around the trans

But this is the only damage i can see, not really sure tho if its actual damage it looks like it could be factory machined dont know why tho.

Magnet before. (already took 3 metal chards of it)

After :) i know it needs to be wiped off just a little more before assembly

The infamus bearing and some of its components

The loose input shaft did this. its the thing that holds the clutch bearing on the input shaft. (not sure what its called). this will not be replaced im told it doesnt matter all that much.

This guy I fkn hate this guy he was just stuck there not doin shit in the way when taking the gearbox out.. got him at the end 2 crow bars and one screw driver...

Also weve bin wondering what that thing is on the fan bracket? some sort of resistor?

--- Also Please help which gearbox do i have F5M42 or F5M41? (2.0l JDM 2000model Galant) im also unsure if i have a 4g63 or a 4g94? sorry about the noobish questions
    Last edited by Palmz; 05-03-2014 at 04:27 PM
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

got bored so i did this :P

hope i can get the bearing and oil seals tomorow then it should be on the road again Tuesday or Wednesday
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

i had that same issue with my eclipse trans. as far as not knowing what engine you have, look on the block. there should be a stamp behind the exhaust manifold with the engine code on it. its prob covered in grease or rust, just have a small wire brush, brake clean and a rag handy.

Quote Originally Posted by pernir View Post
    shifter cables you can see that the bushing is torn to shits
    but at this moment its more important to fix the gearbox and put it back together. worry about the rest later
    Here in 'Merica we can get metal bushings to replace the rubber ones. One place is called SpeedSource and the other is in Canada, TWM Performance. I have no idea if the USDM and yours has the same shifter cables, looks like the same setup.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    i had that same issue with my eclipse trans. as far as not knowing what engine you have, look on the block. there should be a stamp behind the exhaust manifold with the engine code on it. its prob covered in grease or rust, just have a small wire brush, brake clean and a rag handy.
    Yeah i heard this is a common bearing to go in mmc trans, and ill look on behind the exhaust see if i cant find it :)

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    Here in 'Merica we can get metal bushings to replace the rubber ones. One place is called SpeedSource and the other is in Canada, TWM Performance. I have no idea if the USDM and yours has the same shifter cables, looks like the same setup.
    Is there any reasion i should look for metal ones instead of rubber ones? dont they just make more noise and rust?. Maybe faster shifting?
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Quote Originally Posted by pernir View Post
    Is there any reasion i should look for metal ones instead of rubber ones? dont they just make more noise and rust?. Maybe faster shifting?
    They won't break like the rubber ones and they make shifting direct, it takes the slack out of shifting. Also metal shifter base bushings would be good to add too, same reason.

The cable bushings are brass, I sprayed mine with some WD-40 rust prevention over a year ago and they still look brand new.
    Last edited by Black8GV6; 05-05-2014 at 10:54 AM
    00 Eclipse RS MT

They won't break like the rubber ones and they make shifting direct, it takes the slack out of shifting. Also metal shifter base bushings would be good to add too, same reason.

The cable bushings are brass, I sprayed mine with some WD-40 rust prevention over a year ago and they still look brand new.
    Thanks ill keep that in mind. when i go looking for the bushings :)
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

UPDATE geabox is on the car and the car is running perfect need to attend to some little things in the future like cv axle boot wheel bearing and ball joint nothing major the bearing is the only thing that i feel i could just see that the other stuff needed changeing befor it went bad

stupid thing is faster than my usdm.. fkn autoz
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Nice! bet it felt good
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Nice! bet it felt good
    Oh u wouldn't believe. Ive never even done a clutch swap before so taking a whole gearbox apart and putting it together CORRECTLY was very stressful. First time for everything huh?
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

What is this noise it sound like some sort of fabric rubbing together it sort of comes from the steering column . annoying the fk out of me
    i was thinking maybe a bearing but bearings dont sound like this

2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

i want that cluster lol, but really, good job on taking the tranny apart and fixing it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast