The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Palmz JDM 8G Galant Pic heavy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 50
    ^^ Thanks..
    No lets wrap up whats bin happening on -Post What You Did to Your Car Today-

Bought a VR-4 front clip it came with the drive shaft, rear subframe AYC Diff and axles.

Got the rear subframe out

Today started like this;

The camera doesn't do it justice but the sun is completely red and its about 8;30Am just thought it was cool

Finished cutting out the subframe bolts as i need longer ones 140x12mm in the back and 80x12mm in the front and i think the middle bolt is just in the way

i wish i could say that i cut it like that on both sides but like they say practice makes perfect so this is the side i started on;

these are the location of the bolts "B" gets removed "A" Needs to be longer 140mm and "C" needs to be put in 80mm bolt
    Imma steal this image from eclipsh hope he doesn't mind;

Had to make a square washer for the bolts so they dont turn inside the frame these are the bolts that go near the front of the car

painted;

The hole i cut to get the bolt in the frame;

Welded a plate over the bolt so it doesn't go up if pressed but forgot to take a pic

Also made a square washer for the rear bolts... they are made for allen key becouse orginaly i was just going to have a hole to fit the Allen key but i scrapped that idea

Bolts in the car

ill close the hole when its all finished

Almost there sooo close.... yet so far...

F-inn gas tank bracket in the way
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Test fitted the subframe.

Looks good now to take it off and tuch up on some rust before it gets to bad
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Did some rust repairs today manly the floor above the rear subframe, Primerd then painted then i put "Tectyl"

Welded up the hole i made to fit the bolt trough then primerd-painted-tectyl

Changed out the rear upper control arms
    Old VS Newish

Im sorry to tell you guys but the OEM braked disks on my 2.4USDM Galant are smaler then the rear brake disks on the VR4

Sits like this atm

Please tell me what you think :o
    Last edited by Palmz; 10-12-2014 at 08:14 AM
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Started work on taking the 2L engine out
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Update the engine is out.
    I took some time labeling the connectors just in case

Put it out back... might keep it since the gearbox fits the 4g64 and I have extra everything for manual swap.. but a part of me wants to keep it as is

2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Engine is out never have I had to shimmy an engine so much to get it out.. at one point I had to strap the rear of it to the wall to get enough pull

2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Very interesting ill have have to read through the beginning. keep up the good job!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Big ass update

Bin busy time for an update;

bought this steering rack under the asumption it would fit the new K-frame it didnt

so this was made

painted

old steering rack fitted holds well sturdy n but i had concerns that it would hit the gear box

Messy ass workshop happy my dad hasnt snapped and kicked me out

Engine ready to go in (or up as it ware)

If it Fits It Sits

turbo piping connected

the space is bigger than the picture leads on the steering rack is a bit higher than the box also the gearbox is kinda round there but there is not much room to play with

next i had to fit the drive shaft.. had to make my own brackets (not the best looking but they do the job)
    had to make my own Gearbox/drive shaft jack lol

this is the bracket thats closest to the rear diff

the middle bracket

Anyone know what that aluminum stuff is?
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Looks to me like a resistor box.

Nice, great work, great progress, great skills, I'm jealous of your shop
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

But a resistor for what?
    Altho nothing to be jealous of not my shop im just lucky that my dad lets me have a lift in his shop. He says its better I spend my money on this stupid shit than drugs lol
    Last edited by Palmz; 11-04-2014 at 09:37 AM
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

little sound clip hope you enjoy
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Sounds good man! But how come you didn't go full throttle?

Coz I still have the i4 cluster in and the rev counter is of
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Nice progress, you don't waste no time. Must be interesting to own both a JDM and USDM 8g!

yeah its fun to see how there isnt anything the same in the two.. im realy courius to see if the dashboard would even swap over

Minor update;
    finaly fix my alternator issue and wired the starter switch to a realy and finished up the battery conectors in under the hood also put the some of the front panels on

2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    okey so yall just send me a 72/74 manifold for free and ill check it out lol :D

i also dont have any hard data that the 6a13tt manifold has bad flow but looking at the oem intercooler pipes it would not suprice me.

i was also thinking of checking if it would fit maby a outlander or pajero throtle body would fit.... (just a thought have not looked into this at all)
    I answer this here, so we keep your build thread rolling :)

I looked into it years ago and I don't remember the result, but there's an easy way to find out if a 6g7x upper mani will bolt up to a 6A13 lower - just order a 6g72 gasket. The 72/73/74/75 SOHC uppers all bolt to any of their lowers.
    The 72GT mani would be sure a waste of time, the 72GTS might be ok, but a 74 Diamante is where I would start, and it would also allow you to benefit from the 65mm Diamante TB. Turbo Outlanders have 60mm and are drive by wire, not sure about the Pajeros but even if it's cable driven it will not be bigger than 65mm. If that is not enough, I have two extra Q45 throttle bodies :)

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    I answer this here, so we keep your build thread rolling :)

I looked into it years ago and I don't remember the result, but there's an easy way to find out if a 6g7x upper mani will bolt up to a 6A13 lower - just order a 6g72 gasket. The 72/73/74/75 SOHC uppers all bolt to any of their lowers.
    The 72GT mani would be sure a waste of time, the 72GTS might be ok, but a 74 Diamante is where I would start, and it would also allow you to benefit from the 65mm Diamante TB. Turbo Outlanders have 60mm and are drive by wire, not sure about the Pajeros but even if it's cable driven it will not be bigger than 65mm. If that is not enough, I have two extra Q45 throttle bodies :)
    I might just do that, Thanks bro... im working on an update as we speak :D
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Exhoust!!!

Well i started making the exhaust a couple of weeks ago, i wanted to keep it looking sort of oem just stainless and electro polished went for a 2.5" since it pretty close to the original size and i fellt going to 3" would just a waist.
    What i needed was the catalytic converted and everything behind that, really didn't feel like buying a cat so i made my own;

Sorry some of the pictures are shackey and in allot of them the pipes are dirty had to test drive the car a bit

its there just so the car can get registerd they dont know whats on the inside but since i had the opportunity i decided it would be nice to put in a net just to deaden some sound

These are my weld and god darn it im proud of em i know they're not the best but they aint the worst eather

Had to make my own Y-pipe made it out of 45° bends its 2.5"in 2x2.5" out

then becouse of the fkn holydays i couldnt get more bends so i tought it would be a good time to practice my welding and makeing bends

welded two T-clamp fitting after the y pipe

didnt take many picture when makeing the rest but it looks like this

Everything going to get polished

When i got it back a fitted a 2" net cylinder with some larger holes and wool on the outer side and put that into the "silencer"

The Silencer;

The silencer is iirc 4.5" pipe 2.5" in and 2x 2.5" out thought about doing 2x2" out and honesly it would have bin ALOT easyer to make but didnt fit the look as nice from the back i think the 2x2.5" pipe fill up the holes in the bumper alot better
    I also thought of makeing it 3inch out but it didnt fit the look i was going for

(btw there is about 4cm space from the two pipes to the cylinder)

Ok now for some technical info
    The four pipes you see at the back of the car are cut with 11° degree angle ( I tested ALOT of angles) and on each side they outer pipe is 1cm shorter than the inner pipe (alot of thought went into this as well ) now they kind of flow with the angle of the bumper

btw for some reason the car only smokes from the right pipe when idling, I think its because its shorted distance for the exhaust to travel

For now the gas tank will stay in the trunk.... reason time and money
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Me likey, I have a 6g72 IM laying around in my garage, one day I'll see how much it will be to ship to you, I'll also check to see how much to ship just the gasket, PM me your zipcode or postal code (whatever it's call in Iceland) so I can get the shipping quote
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast