The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Palmz JDM 8G Galant Pic heavy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 50 of 50
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

nothing heppinin bin working outside the country i just came back for vacation and i was planing on doing somethings but unfortunately the workshop be ocupado.
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

NYE Update

Little update since im sick on NYE
    beasicly when i got back from Norway i started doing some electrical work to get stupid stuff like heated seats working. to much trouble if you ask me.

I put the battery in a Marine box and made a bracket for a main switch came out good i can reach the switch from both the back seat and from inside the trunk

Then well then i started doing something stupid. i cut a big hole in the trunk

I did this because i want to fit the aluminum gas tank there so basically there will be a sheet-metal covering the hole and the tank will be underneath

bought some 3mm thick aluminum plate and got to work

Now i could stop posting photos here and tell yall im the best welder there ever was and im able to weld everything. thats simply not the case i chose aluminum because i need to practice working with it so this gave me the chance to do so. So here is a photo with a bunch of ugly ass welds but i can say the defiantly got better.

anyway i got sick little before new years and have yet to finish the tank not much left tho

Big bro was a champ overseas fully loaded or not the gas gauge didnt feel a diffrence drove trough 3 country's at about 130-140 kmh fully loaded and he didnt even break a sweat average consumption was 8.4L/100km which is about 29.4MPG I couldn't be happier with this little beast

People ask me all the time if i'm going to sell it when i finish the vr4 and i always say NO manly because the vr4 will never be finished and its simply not worth it to sell a car for less than 3000 USD just to have to buy another daily that might brake down all the time.

Also i got a dog hes a German Shepard purebred but one of his ears tilts to much and im told he cant compete like that.. i think it makes him so much cooler and different from all the other German Shepard out there.

Thats it for this little update Happy new years.
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

my aunts shepherd's ear did that when she was a pup. after a while it straightened up though. nice work on that fuel cell. any reason why? im assuming to relocate the tank for an awd swap?

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    my aunts shepherd's ear did that when she was a pup. after a while it straightened up though. nice work on that fuel cell. any reason why? im assuming to relocate the tank for an awd swap?
    Thanks, yeah basically i could buy a oem VR4 tank but its damn expensive to begin with and its even more expensive to ship. plus this way i get more capacity and something shiny :D
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

He's just a pup. That's gonna happen, it'll even alternate between ears. My GSD is 11 months and still has a tilt.

yeah we thought so but hes 20 months old now. but well see i hope he keeps it
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

He looks half that age. I say that because the ear tilts and wants cross with the other which happens at a very young age in GSD's. But still he's a very handsome boy.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 01-01-2016 at 10:54 AM

He also acts half his age sometime the guy who owned him before didn't train him that well and its obvious he would just give in so he can be a handfull sometimes but he is a lot better

Anyways i went in my sickness to the garage with some major im gonna finish some shit today plans but this is all I ended up doing, Drilled two 90mm holes for the fuel pump and level sender and then drilled in and tapped that bolt hols for that.

BTW with how sick i was im amazed all the bolts fit haha

can anyone tell me what this White plasic peace of the fuel level sender unit does? i noticed it has one wire going to it. IIRC its the same unit as in the usdm
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123