The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Shift kit

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Shift kit

Can a 4g63 shift kit fit on our trannys, i would like my " daily.driver" to be auto but with just a little more power... So im doing basic performance upgrades on intake, tb spacers,exhuast ,headers, tranny cooler,tune and 5psi of boost.... I just want to support my tranny more before boosting it

Sent from my LG-MS695 using Tapatalk 2
    daliy galant es 5 speed in the making

Don't know about the shift kit but I'm going to lean on the side of no. There's members with turbo and auto 4g64 trannys that are stock and you're only going 5psi so I'm pretty sure the stock tranny can take that.

Skip the TB spacer, doesn't doing anything plus the stock 4g64 intake manifold you have likes to break right near the throttle body so I would avoid extra weight/material in that area.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

there is a guy on here who is running 15 psi on the stock auto tranny. no issues yet.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

How would a shift kit promote longevity? Do you guys even know what a shift kit does?

Banging through gears is even worse for automatics than it is for manuals. You wear out clutch packs and break stuff inside the tranny, and a shift kit doesn't negate the retarded drivetrain loss Mitsu auto trannys have. The auto's can hold under 300whp just fine however a cooler is necessary to withstand prolonged abuse because they heat up a lot. Start making over 325wtq and gears start shredding outright. A few people have finished them off on club3g over the years.

Ok thanks so ill skip the tb spacers..

Sent from my LG-MS695 using Tapatalk 2
    daliy galant es 5 speed in the making

shift kit? do you mean 5 speed swap? then yes, thatll help you out tons. every single one of my dailys have been manual. pony up homeboy, do you want a racecar/daily? then go 5 speed. if not, buy a camry or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    shift kit? do you mean 5 speed swap? then yes, thatll help you out tons. every single one of my dailys have been manual. pony up homeboy, do you want a racecar/daily? then go 5 speed. if not, buy a camry or something like that.
    *cough cough* my camry quiker then mot my 8g's *cough*
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec