The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can anyone help?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Can anyone help?

I really hate to be the guy that describes the problem over text and no pictures nor videos, but this is my only option and I'm stuck lol.

I was driving about an hour ago, and I was going a steady 55. Then, I decided to accelerate to about 80 (I was on the highway with a 75 limit) and right when I reached 80, the car jolted, like it twitched and slowed down a little. It's never happened before today, and the weird part is the car was fine and acting normal after that and before. I have the USDM 4G64 8G. Has this happened to anyone before or anyone know what it could be? Thanks for the help! 😄

Sent from my Galant :D

Mayby hit overdrive? try to check on trans fluid if its off shifting gears could be jollity
    if that doesn't work try the basic; spark plugs engine oil air filter etc

mayby the veterans have more info on this than i do
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

The tranny fluid is good, I replaced it a few thousand miles ago. Also, I changes the oil like 50 miles ago and replaced the air filter at the same time. The jolt was really bad, it moved my subs I have in the trunk that weigh I shit load lol

have you tried connecting a obd2 reader and see if the comp recorded a misfire or something of that nature? or have you tried recreating the scenario?
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

I did a weak ago with a buddy's obd2 scanner and nothing popped up. I'm so confused on what it can be lol

does it happen on cue? or dis it just happen that one time and hasnt happened since?

This is the first and only time it's happened.

i wouldnt worry about it until it happens again and more frequently. if you have no codes then what can ya do? your car had a hicup. case in point, my brand new mazda shut down, out of nowhere, and then started back up while driving. that was at 7000 miles and i now have 19000 and have not had a problem since. yes i know it is a little different because yours is older and more likely to fuck up but we cant help you with something were we have no leads or smoking guns to go on. ya feel me bro?

True, yeah I'm not really going to stress about it too much if it doesn't happen again, not much to worry about.

fuel pump maybe? i would try to see if you could replicate the problem.

My car did this once. When I got around to changing my timing belt, I found that my balance shaft belt was shredded. Don't know if that's what caused it, but after changing it, it hasn't happened since.

Hm, that's what it possibly could be. I'm going to be getting the timing belt done soon so I'm going to see if that was the problem.